Thread: Cannot scan with Canon MP970

Cannot scan with Canon MP970

I have Canon MP970 printer which I am using with my computer in which I have windows 7 operating system. This printer has built in scanner. My printer works properly but it does not scan when I try to scan from MP Navigator EX software. When I try to scan at that time it gives Code: 2,155,0. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Cannot scan with Canon MP970

First thing I will suggest you to perform clean boot in your computer and after performing the clean boot you have to check whether same problem is occurring while scanning or not? If you get same problem after performing clean boot then any of the software in your computer causing this problem.

If you want to perform the clean boot then you have to follow these steps. First you have to open start menu and then you have to open system configuration utility by typing msconfig in start menu search box and then press enter. Now after that you have to select Selective startup from the General tab and uncheck the Load startup items option. After doing that you have to go to the service tab and from there you have to click on disable all option after clicking on the Hide all Microsoft services check box. Now select OK and click on restart option. once your problem get solved after that you have to again open system configuration utility and then select normal startup and click on Ok.

I am also using Canon MP970 printer and I am having same problem with my laptop. I have checked my printer connecting with all the USB ports but result was same. I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the drivers but problem doesn’t get solved. now please tell me how fix this issue?

In your computer which version of MP Navigator EX software are you using? If you are using old version of the MP Navigator EX software then you should download MP Navigator EX 1.07 from internet and then install in your computer. Now after downloading that software in your PC you have to install it and then your problem will get solved. I was also having similar issue and then I have installed MP Navigator EX software 1.07 and then my problem gets solved. I think you should also try this solution.

If you want to download MP Navigator EX software 1.07 then you can download it by going to the official site of the Cannon and then you have to look for your Canon MP970 printer and then select driver and software. After doing that you have to select your OS and then choose MP Navigator EX software 1.07. or you can download software by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

I will suggest remove your printer and then connect it with ant other computer and after connecting the printer with any other computer you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? If you don’t get same problem it your Canon MP970 printer then it means problem is with your computer only.

As you have said that I have to install MP Navigator EX software 1.07 in my computer and after referring your solution I have installed MP Navigator EX software 1.07 but that does not make any difference. Now after that I have also checked printer with other computer and it worked fine. Please tell me what I should do to solve his problem.

As far as I know this problem normally occurs if Windows Image Acquisition Service is not running and that is why you have to first make sure that Windows Image Acquisition Service is running in your computer. If I is not running then start it first and then try to scan.

To start Windows Image Acquisition Service you have to follow these steps.

• First open start menu
    • Type services.msc in search box
    • Now look for the Windows Image Acquisition Service
    • Right click on it.
    • Select start.

With my HP scanner same problem was occurred and then I have started Windows Image Acquisition Service and then when I tried to scan t that time I didn’t get any error. now all the things working like a charm, you should also try this solution.