Thread: Not able to connect my pc and tv via S-video cable in Vista

Not able to connect my pc and tv via S-video cable in Vista

I have my computer and tv connected with a S-Video Cable. My computer's background is displayed on the tv but that is all. I want to play movies using my computer but have the actual movie playing on the TV screen. I have "Extend Desktop" selected for monitor 2 (the tv). I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE video card and Vista Home Premium OS.

Re: Not able to connect my pc and tv via S-video cable in Vista

I am also under Vista, and I work with two computer managed by a kvm switch. In order to display the screen of my laptop on the second screen, I can download ForceWare for my graphics card (a 7600go) and from there I had in my panel config a new menu allowing me to manage the cloning and other. Go for a walk on the site and look at the Nvidia ForceWare for your card. Sounds like you need to turn off the extend desktop feature and have the two desktops "mirror" each other. You'd need to set this up in the nVidia Control Panel.

Go into config panel and then open the Nvidia control panel, then select Display. You have a menu and there again you take in several displays change the display configuration. From there you select your main display and cloning vista of your screen on your TV .I had to install different drivers from nVidia to get the Control Panel. I want DualView and have it selected but how do I get something other than just my desktop wallpaper to show on the tv. I tried dragging a shortcut to Media Center onto the #2 monitor but that didn't work.

Make sure when you try to drag and drop it with a left mouse click that you try in all 4 directions, left, right, up, and down it should work in one of the directions. As I said, you need to turn off the "Extend my desktop onto this monitor" option and mirror the same main display on both.

Hi. If you are confused about which cable you need, to connect your laptop or pc to tv. I will recommend you to try website below . I think they have the best wizard which will help you to get the right lead. In fact you can only have the default drivers in vista Microsoft you have to downloaded the driver for your card or from the manufacturer of your card directly from Nvidia.