Thread: Why has Logitech dropped production of corded TrackMan?

Why has Logitech dropped production of corded TrackMan?

I have found that the Logitech are dropping production of corded TrackMan and I really don’t understand why, I mean it has been one of the bets mouse that we have been using and I think that dropping out the same from their production is really a bad idea, I think that a no of user will stop using Logitech if they Ditch the trackman thumb ball mouse, what do you guys think about the same, is there any particular reason for the same???

Re: Why has Logitech dropped production of corded TrackMan?

I have found that the Logitech are dropping production of corded TrackMan and I really don’t understand why, I mean it has been one of the bets mouse that we have been using and I think that dropping out the same from their production is really a bad idea, I think that a no of user will stop using Logitech if they Ditch the trackman thumb ball mouse, what do you guys think about the same, is there any particular reason for the same???
    I completely agree to you it is really a bad decision, in my case I have been suffering repetitive stress injury and trust me TrackMan is the only mouse that I am able to use without any issues, I have tested out a no of other mouse but then the TrackMan is just the best, I liked the corded mouse as I work in a secure environment, I just wanted to know that are they dropping it for certain period of time or they are just closing the production of the same???? Are there any chances of getting it again???

I really want their official to reply on this, I have found a no of people raising the same topic on their official site but then there is not yet any reason for the same, the best reply that I have got from one says that it will be available for years on the ebay and some other sites as they are having huge stock of the same but then I really doubt it. I will like to know the reason for why they are stopping the production of the corded TrackMan, is there anyone who has an idea about the actual reason???

They are still doing good business with the same and I am saying so because I have checked out the “Logitech TrackMan Wheel mouse USB “ on the and now they are selling the same for $40+ which once was $15 one-line at one point, I think that they have just increased the price after the announcement of the Logitech to be dropping corded TrackMan, so who knows if they are doing this from a business point of view and all. I won’t be getting Logitech mouse henceforth as they are just taking a bad decision and ditching the best product.