Thread: How to associate printing profile to user for Toshiba eStudio 281c Multifunction copier

How to associate printing profile to user for Toshiba eStudio 281c Multifunction copier

Just bought this Toshiba eStudio 281c Multifunction copier which can do printing and scanning both. So here is what I need, I connected my printer on the windows 7 machine and using Microsoft Windows-based network. What o need is I want to associates few people that can use the color print option and the few user that will be use only black and white print option . I looked every where but not able to find any solution to this anywhere . Is there anyone here can help me on this I will be really appreciating this thanks in advance

Re: How to associate printing profile to user for Toshiba eStudio 281c Multifunction copier

This is the same thing that even I am as well looking , well I have the same Toshiba eStudio 281c printer on my office and I want to set restriction on the color printing on that printer . I will be glad if some here can help us to find solution to this .

Re: How to associate printing profile to user for Toshiba eStudio 281c Multifunction copier

I never heard anything on restricting few user and allow few user form getting color printing . well as far as I know I think it will be either all will be getting the accesses to color printing or no one will be getting the accesses . I don’t think there is such printer that will do this thing that you are looking . having said that I think you should contact the support and I am sure that they if possible help you on this

Well I was looking for the same and there was an article that mentioned that you will be needed the a DEPARTMENT CODE which is the password that was use to accesses the particular settings in the printer . all you need to do is set up the department code and how to access the printer using that code. You will have to make the two code out of which one will be supporting the color printing and one will not…

Hope you understand

Thanks for reply can you tell me how can I create and t set up a department code so that I can use it for the required purpose. I will be really appreciating to know that thanks

Well of course that is very simple all you have to do is the following

• Just go to the web interface TopAcces
    • Click COUNTER tab.
    • Put in your administrative password,
    • click on ENTER.
    • You can moreover see an list of department names, or the list are going to be empty and if yes which case you may need to make a department. Anyway you may see an equivalent list of choices related to the department you create/modify.
    • If you're making a department, enter a dept name of your selection within the DEPARTMENT NAME field, after that enter a 5digit numeric code for the department within the DEPARTMENT CODE field.
    • Choose ON for the SET LIMITATION OF FULL COLOR in the drop-down menu.
    • Now Select zero for optimum REACHED FOR FULL COLOR OUTPUT ( well the 0 means users cannot print in color; the other range set s limit of what proportion they'll print up to).
    • Just Click SAVE. (The directions are similar if you're modifying a department instead of making one. the only distinction is that a DEPARTMENT NAME and CODE in all probability exist already.)
    • Be certain to produce a pair of department codes, one that has the SET LIMITATION OF FULL COLOR set to ON (for no color printing) and other that has it set to OFF (for letting color printing).

Now at the top of TopAccess, hit on the ADMINISTRATION tab.
    • Put in the administrative password.
    • Click on the SETUP link (which you will see by default anyway).
    • Look below General Settings/Device info within the margin.
    • make sure that DEPARTMENT CODE is ready to ENABLE within the dropdown menu.
    • make certain that DEPARTMENT CODE ENFORCEMENT is set to ON within the dropdown menu.
    • Hit SAVE.
    • Logout of TopAccess.

Now move to your actual copier/printer...
    • click USER FUNCTION button.
    • choose DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT in the touch screen
    • then just put in the administrative password (this is that the similar as in TopAccess).
    • Select NO LIMIT BLACK.
    • choose ENABLE.
    • That it

Now Whenever users print to the present printer in color, they'll currently be prompted at their desktop to enter a password that is that the 5digit numeric DEPARMENT CODE you entered in TopAccess. However, they'll not be prompted for black.

If you wish it specific users to possess clear (no prompting) access to color prints, then you have got to manually enter the DEPARTMENT CODE into the printer properties on their pc.

• Select the CONTROL PANEL.
    • Choose PRINTERS AND FAXES.
    • Now Right click in the printer icon.
    • Select the PROPERTIES option
    • Click the GENERAL tab that is on the top .
    • In their select the PRININTING PREFERENCES button (A new dialogue box can appear).
    • Now Click the PRINT JOB tab at the top.
    • Put in the DEPARTMENT CODE that permits color printing within the DEPARTMENT field Click OK.
    • Done.

Hey guys need help

I have Toshiba e-studio 181 printer . and I have connected to the USB interface . all I need to know is that is it possible to TOP Access for that printer and if yes then how is it done . also I have one more issue that is the copier is showing the icon "door is open although the door is closed and I am pretty sure about it . is it possible to disable this notification and make it working . I will be appreciating this