Thread: High Frequency noise from Logitech Performance Mouse MX

High Frequency noise from Logitech Performance Mouse MX

There is a strange problem with my new Logitech performance mouse MX and it is really annoying. It seems like the mouse is emitting high frequency noise. Do you think that it is normal or simply the defective mouse?

Re: High Frequency noise from Logitech Performance Mouse MX

I had the same issue for that reason I have contacted the Logitech support and they told me to get a new one from the dealer. The thing is if you have warranty, you will surely get the replacement. I assume that the issue has something to do with the circuit board.

I found out what was the problem. It’s about the mouse laser. Whenever you moving the mouse, it makes noise. It really bothers. I tried several methods to stop this noise but couldn’t make it. I thought that it is impossible to fix it. Then my friend suggested me to open up the mouse and take a look inside it. So I disassemble the mouse. I took foam and packed it around the laser. Do not touch the circuit board. It will take care of the sound. I hope that you got my point.

I don’t think that the noise from the mouse actually. The high frequency noise might be coming out from the speakers when you are moving the mouse. You should watch the line input of your sound card (integrated or not). From the Control Panel, click mute on that line (or all do not need). You will see how to fix. But it also often happens that the card is integrated, and the plate is not much. Now, with the Realtek HD is another matter. I have it and wonder, gets no sound.

I can assume that the noise is caused by signal oscillation regarding some electromechanical or electro-optical component inside the mouse. As far as I know that these electronics meant to transmit signal frequencies above or below the human range of hearing (20Hz-20kHz). Sometimes it would be possible that the signal may operate close to that range like 21kHz due to manufacturer defect or purposely. At the time few people can hear slight sound but Most people won’t be able to hear frequencies at this range. There is no way you can fix it by yourself unless changing the circuitry because it is a fundamental problem with the circuit design. It needs resistors or capacitors replacement on the PCB

I think that it is a coming problem few Logitech mouse. My MX518 was also emitting some kind of strange noise. When the mouse is on the surface I was able to hear the sound clearly but when I lit it up, it stops.