Thread: How to clean up the Logitech MX Revolution mouse

How to clean up the Logitech MX Revolution mouse

Recently I got Logitech MX revolution mouse along with my new computer. It was fine for few weeks but then the scroll wheel become bit stiff for a free scroll mode. It seems to me that something has gotten stuck inside the mouse. So I want to take the mouse apart and clean it from the inside. Is it a good idea to disassemble the mouse? Do you have any tip for cleaning it?

Re: How to clean up the Logitech MX Revolution mouse

To clean a Logitech MX revolution mouse:
    • Take off the pads, except at the base of the thumb, there is no screw underneath.
    • Use a knife, being careful not to cut the pad on its thickness
    • Unscrew the 4 screws with a screwdriver small format.
    • Gently remove the movable part, in the case of a button 'special' and the base shell will be linked by flat cable.
    • Clean the inside of the mouse with a synthetic paper drinks (alcohol drugstore for example),
    • Put the shell, screw, picking up the skates.

The mouse screwed as usual. The screws are located under the sliding feet. One would have to open the upper and the lower two long Sliders. Make sure that they will not tear apart. There would be nothing but anyway, since the construction of the mouse wheel suspension is so complex that you had not noticed before cleaning.

My experience with Logitech is that one is left there for warranty issues and generally lifted in case of problems with their hardware very well and is not available. A call to the hotline technology is likely to go faster than going through the online support, which is also very knowledgeable and fast.
    I think that you should not open the mouse and you should not fix it or replace any part. It will surely going void warranty. If there is a problem with your mouse or it is defective, you should send it back for replacement. Whatever the issue you should contact the contact customer support via phone otherwise directly contact from the webpage.

I have a problem with my mouse (MX Revolution). The problem is that the mouse is clicked with me more often 2x. This is extremely annoying because I cannot move a window, or highlight text. This has nothing to do with the system settings but is on the mouse. Last time I solved this by I simply slot into the purely blown from the left mouse button firmly. Probably there has collected dirt. Now since 3 days it goes away but not. I would have shaken extreme opposite hand and beaten again and again purely puffed vigorously. For some minutes it helps, then click again and duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by $Iain$ View Post
    I have a problem with my mouse (MX Revolution). The problem is that the mouse is clicked with me more often 2x. This is extremely annoying because I cannot move a window, or highlight text. This has nothing to do with the system settings but is on the mouse. Last time I solved this by I simply slot into the purely blown from the left mouse button firmly. Probably there has collected dirt. Now since 3 days it goes away but not. I would have shaken extreme opposite hand and beaten again and again purely puffed vigorously. For some minutes it helps, then click again and duplicate.
    Do you have Air can or something which can blow air at full speed? If you can get the air can, you can use it to blow air inside the mouse or near the scroll wheel. If anything stuck there, the air might help to blow apart. You can also blow away dust and moisture like this way inside the mouse without opening it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purujeet View Post
    Do you have Air can or something which can blow air at full speed? If you can get the air can, you can use it to blow air inside the mouse or near the scroll wheel. If anything stuck there, the air might help to blow apart. You can also blow away dust and moisture like this way inside the mouse without opening it.
    Depending on your mouse , I recommend removing the connectors carefully so that cleaning can be done in the easiest way. In the case of this mouse have 3 connectors. Comes from the middle connector of the USB cable, the connector on the right that comes from green plate seen in the photograph corresponds to the Scroll and left and right buttons, and a center button. The other connector on the left comes from the top of the mouse , which has few side buttons and others in its center. We removed all the connectors and removed the screws. If you look at the bottom that is semi transparent observed that the area where you position the scroll has enough dirt. This is common because it corresponds to an area somewhat "open" the mouse whereby dirt entering the interior.

You should not open the Logitech mouse because these are new generation mouse, not like older one. These mouse contains sensitive components like PCB, sensor, laser, capacitor, resistor etc. if any single gets damaged, the mouse will no longer function at all.