Thread: Logitech MX700 Mouse Charger not charging batteries

Logitech MX700 Mouse Charger not charging batteries

Got a Logitech MX700 cordless optical mouse from my friend which he used it for few years. The original batteries died and no longer charging. So I replaced them with a compatible set. They also died after year and I again replaced them with set of NiMH rechargeables. These batteries were charging perfectly with MX700 charger. Now these also died but very early. So I went to check those batteries using the wall charger. There it was charging fine but it wasn’t charging with Logitech mouse charger. How could be that?

Re: Logitech MX700 Mouse Charger not charging batteries

I have the same MX700 and the same problem. And the solution is this:

At the time I thought it was problems with the batteries (about that). It can be solved by removing the batteries and using something sharp to get the cable loop is in each of the terminals which should touch the + pole of each battery. This is what I pull out of the hole in which they are. Just pull the cable out in this spiral and the one on the bottom. You don’t need to remove it full, remove it a half. Place it again properly. Now it should work.

The MX700 is a general problem that the mouse sometimes not making good contact with the contact points of the charger.

If the red light on the mouse starts flashing and I put it in the charger, it will just keep flashing. But seriously, the batteries cannot be dead, I have a fully charged battery and it would still do the same within 2 minutes. It should be a different kind of failure. The light on the charger / station do not color, but that's normal. Only the mouse displayed during charging.

Typically, battery load time specified by the shipper. For each 1800mA most chargers require 10-12H. Upload longer, leave them in the charger all day, and so on is detrimental in general. It is best to have 2 sets of batteries, one on the mouse until exhausted and the other newly loaded. So you avoid overload, exhaustion premature and memory effect. Another possibility is that you have killed one of the batteries be defective. Usually do not last as little even taking them into a charger polymer that you can find out (or try to combine it with a battery momentarily to see which battery is worse).

I had the same problem with my MX900 and two new twin cell Sanyo 1600 NiMH batteries. After a short while in the cradle, the LED has flashed red. Presumably, the charging curve of the new battery is a different course than the charging circuitry. The batteries were but 100% working condition. Then I have noticed that the problem was lying on the electrical contact pads on the mouse on the charger. I polished the contact surfaces in the battery charger and the battery a bit. NiMH batteries have no memory effect though, but they have only charge for the possible 500cycles. Moreover, the cycle was observed with the only way on the edge and not at all to your problem.

That mAh says something about the amount of energy the batteries can provide or how long the batteries last before they need recharging. If the voltage is equal, you can easily get the batteries with a larger (or smaller) storage in mouse set. Your mouse will not notice. Imagine that your mouse has a current of 10 mA needs. With batteries of 1900 mAh will the 190 hours before the batteries run out, with batteries of 2500 mAh will be a whopping 250 hours are drained.

While choosing a replacement batter you should always make sure that you are taking battery again with the same mAh as in original battery. Although in my opinion it is not bad to take batteries with lower mAh, the only thing you should not do is take batteries with higher mAh, as this could damage the charger.