Thread: Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX doesn't scroll properly after sleep mode

Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX doesn't scroll properly after sleep mode

I own a Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX, which I installed on a laptop with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Also installed Setpoint software for that. The mouse works perfectly before the system goes to sleep mode. But then after wake up, the scrolling behaves extremely strange and sometimes uncontrollable. I have to scroll much in order to get the page move down in a webrowser. Sometimes it takes 7 clicks to scroll a single pdf page. The issue only fixes when I restart my computer. Again if I turn system into sleep mode, issue re-appears. Sill I have not found any solution. What could be the problem?

Re: Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX doesn't scroll properly after sleep mode

Right now I am using this mouse with Windows 7 x64 Pro on an HP Pavilion dm1z. I don’t think that it the problem with this mouse only. I also have an MX1100 on my desktop and it also behaves oddly when the system wakes up from the sleep mode. It takes much scrolling for a single page to go down. I assume that it has something to do with the Setpoint software. Either you have to check it using latest version or older version.

When I had the same problem I fixed this issue by opening the Setpoint software and then I have disabled/re-enabled smooth scrolling. This problem is really annoying and I have to do it everytime.

It is really sad to hear that Anywhere Mouse MX is acting strange and that is even after the system wake up. Anyway, did you try the latest version of setpoint. I would suggest you try uninstalling setpoint and roll back to the different version. It looks like the new version of Setpoint is not compatible with your mouse. When I had the same problem I rolled back the mouse driver to Microsoft supplied one (6.1.7600.16385) and after this only problem disappeared. I think that there is some kind of problem with new Logitech driver

Whenever you get this problem, you don’t need to restart your computer and also you don’t need to unplug the mouse. I have temporary fix for this. Assuming that it is the cause of Setpoint, I urge you to go to Windows Task manager and End the setpoint.exe process. Close the task manager and re-launch the Setpoint software. The scrolling will fix for now.

I have seen several workaround for this issue and after seeing all comments I finally decided to create a batch script file which will help you to automatically kill Logitech processes and restart it. I think that it is an easier workaround for this issue. The batch script is as follows:
    Code:
    @echo off
    taskkill /im SetPoint.exe /t
    cd C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\
    start SetPoint.exe
    Copy the above script in Notepad and save it as .bat extension. It is not a permanent fix but it will help you to bring back the scrolling set to normal state. I hope that you know how batch file works.

Logitech Anywhere MX Mouse is small, designed especially for inclusion when we go to move it from side to side. However the small scroll wheel is designed to function quickly scroll and two side buttons designed to stimulate it with your thumb. It is really terrible to hear that you are not getting quick scroll. It looks like a bug in the Setpoint software or drivers related to it. I am looking forward for a quick fix from Logitech.