Thread: Logitech HD Pro C910 Webcam record only at 15 fps

Logitech HD Pro C910 Webcam record only at 15 fps

After hearing and seeing all the great reviews I finally bought the Logitech 910 webcam which has HD recording capability. The problem is, all the video record only at 15fps. When I import those videos to Adobe premiere, the HD settings doesn’t allow 15fps. I need at least 24 fps and due to this there is no way AUDIO AND VIDEO match up perfectly. It can be noticed when I publish on YouTube. How can I get the at least 24fps recording out from this webcam?

Re: Logitech HD Pro C910 Webcam record only at 15 fps

I now have the same Logitech C910 HD Pro Webcam. This is not really better at 1080p. As far as I have seen that the camera delivers nominally 2 fps. When 720p is 15 fps but you can bring to 30 fps with some tricks. Since the streaming works fine but only on Windows or Linux, because for example in VLC under Windows, DirectShow Input Devices be used on the Mac only supports the iSight (and EyeTV with plug-in).

This is the classic problem with normal codecs with low latencies. But just as it sounds is already DV camera side because of the aspects such as limited resolution and May not interlaced sufficiently. I think MJPEG still useful because it is client-side and dropped frames are complicated by stream will not break down. But in your case I can likely assume that it is a defect in the camera, USB connection respectively. When you get this resolution, high data rates really need itand is likely to be difficult. There are a few industrial cameras with FireWire, which, unlike DV uncompressed work (iSight as the original) and on the Interface make schonmal enough throughputs.

I have heard about this webcam before and I think that it is not worthy for its price. It says that it has full HD but sending only 15 frames per second with this definition. When you compare it with low-end webcams, you may get 720p HD between 10 and 15 frames / second at full resolution.

If you run at 720p, then there won’t be problem to get 30 fps. But for your issue I urge you to uninstall the Logitech drivers and then install the generic UVC Microsoft ones. You will get the same settings which in Logitech drivers. You have to disable RightLight. After that set the streaming format to MJPEG. If you set the resolution at 1080p, there is no way it is possible to get the 30fps but you can get at least around 25 fps by following this method. The problem reside in the Logitech software and limited their software and drivers to 15 FPS.

I think that you are using the Logitech quickCapture software and due to this you are getting this limitation. There is no workaround or tweak for this. You have to use what you get now. The max fps with this software is only 15fps in order to save videos. However if you are going to record at 640x480, you may get 30fps but the program reports that it is still 15fps. It is really weird thing about this Logitech’s native software. I am looking for a workaround for this. If you got any, don’t forget share with us. But one thing you need to keep in mind that if you have enabled the automatic settings, then it may settle down to limited fps at least it is for my webcam here which is compatible with all messenger and getting mostly all down to 5-15 fps rules. But if you want to shoot locally with 30 fps, then try to use an external program like virtual dub. Otherwise turns off the automatic settings and then see the times.