Thread: suggestion for new case fan

suggestion for new case fan

Hey friends need your suggestions and view. I am trying to modify my current built; in fact I had almost did it completely. Just left with the case and case fan. However want to get rid of the ABS Canyon 695 case which was truly a beast, I am going to turn it down into a server.

But need some other case which could come up with a better compatibility for the case fan too. Can anyone suggest me with the case fan which could probably be the best for the system?

Re: suggestion for new case fan

You could go for the Thermaltake, this case however comes up with:
    Front –
    • 90 mm fan with blue LED x 1, 1500 rpm

Rear –
    • 60 mm fan x 2, 1800 rpm and also a room for additional 60mm fan

First of all thank you my friend for making this thread, even I wanted to get a new case for my system. But I however wanted to get the lowest temperature possible on air. My friend says that anything could be better than the stock fan, we have seen this many times that some people really go up to 5000rpm or even more than that.

I was however thinking to go on for a fan controller, but then that should rather have adjusted automatically according to the temperature, and there are most of the cases where people manually automatically adjust it. What about a higher rpm fans.

First and the for most thing I would say that you are probably not moving too much of air through your case, this will however make you to notice how the cpu heatsink with the fan can cool off the cpu.

And the other things is that it is quite easy to set up and run more than one fans having a good decent motherboard and BIOS based upon cpu temperature. Anyways coming to your solution, what you need to do is to get some PWM fans and a PWM splitter cable in order to connect to the 4-pin pwm cpu header on the motherboard. You can do this for multiple fans with an auxillary molex connection for power.

I personally prefer a fan controller for my system, but until now I have never been able to get the best one. So now I am looking out for a fan controller that could compulsorily be able to do the following things:
    • Should have 5 fans connected to it
    • Control the fan RPM depending on the CPU temperature
    • Preferably with a nice software

Even I would prefer a fan controller but only if it fulfills my requirement. Just wanted to ask whether a fan controller would able to do what exactly I wanted. There are certain things which I wanted to be done through the fan controller automatically without doing manually.

I mean whenever my CPU temperature goes down below 50 to 55c, all the fans should run at 30% and when the CPU hits 50c or above 50c then all fans should probably run at 100%.

So is there anything possible with a fan controller?

I mean whenever my CPU temperature goes down below 50 to 55c, all the fans should run at 30% and when the CPU hits 50c or above 50c then all fans should probably run at 100%.

So is there anything possible with a fan controller?
    Yeah you can easily do this but not with a fan controller. You can have your things done with the help of your motherboard and a ASUS fan software. You just have to connect your all the fans to one of the headers through the splitter cables which you will be controlling. But you must first check how much power your fan header is able to take before you decide to add or attach many fans together.

I do agree with that, the ASUS software could easily do that. I have already tried this once. I got my fans connected to the motherboard and then tried it, when I set the other optional fans to run at 35% when temp was below 50c, they were suppose to spin up when the CPU reached that temperature. But then I just tried out to figure which header I actually need to use in order to get it controlled by the CPU temperature.
    I would better suggest you to better look out for a better maximum wattage for each connector in the MB manual.

You could go for the Thermaltake, this case however comes up with:
    Front –
    90 mm fan with blue LED x 1, 1500 rpm
    Rear –
    60 mm fan x 2, 1800 rpm and also a room for additional 60mm fan
    I would insist you not to waste your money in getting 92mm or 80mm fans or any such fans. I am one of the experienced guy, I have noticed lot of time that whenever they try to push out excess of air they become too noisy.

And if you are now thinking to go for the quite ones then let me tell you that even those quite fan are not so impress, in fact they moves almost 0% of air.