Thread: Lifecam NX-6000 turned Black Screen and gives an error

Lifecam NX-6000 turned Black Screen and gives an error

I have recently bought - Lifecam NX-6000 Webcam and I have installed it and downloaded the version 1.4 and everything was working fine but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and after 10 mins the Lifecam image went black and now when I am trying start Microsoft LifeCam then I am getting an error message saying the below thing.
    This device is experiencing known issues.For technical assistance, please see the "Customer support options" Help topic in your product documentation."
    Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out???

Re: Lifecam NX-6000 turned Black Screen and gives an error

Just wanted to know if you have tried using different USB port??? If not then try out the same and then let me know if it is making any difference, also let me know the other solution that you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same again, first just try out the suggested solution and then post back the result that you get.

I have tried using different usb ports but then I am getting the same response, I mean that it works fine for some minutes and after the Lifecam image goes black again, I have not tried out much solution by now rather than rebooting the machine thinking that it will help and so, is there anything that might be causing this issue??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I am not very sure about your case but then there are possibilities of such issues if the igfxtray.exe might be running that is nothing but Intel Graphics
    • Tray Icon, so just try to disable the same and see if it is making any difference:
    • First go to start and then click on Run and then type msconfig and then click on ok
    • After that below the Startup Item just click on the check box for clear the igfxtray.exe if it is there and then apply and save the same and reboot the system.

Just check it out and then let me know if it is helping.

If you want then you can also refer to the below troubleshooting guide for more help:

Just follow the instructions that has been mentioned there and one of the solution should probably solve the issue out.

I just wanted to add that if the above solutions are not helping you out and if it has been less than 90 days since the day you have bought the LifeCam then you can contact the below no-charge special support channel as well, just address them the issue and they will help you out with it: