Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012

Firmware update for Beetel 450TC1

Can anyone tell me if I can use Tomato firmware for Beetel 450TC1 Modem-cum-router. I am upgrading my 4 years old Airtel broadband home999 plan to 4Mbps turbo30. And for that to get the maximum output I will have to upgrade my netgear 834G firmware also. I had seen a bit issue with frequent disconnection. I had simply tried the most recent Netgear firmware upgrade. But that does not looks to be working.
Old 02-03-2012

Re: Firmware update for Beetel 450TC1

I do not think you can use any other routers firmware on a different one. You can only try if two models are same. It will create a bit issue if you try upgrading the firmware. A new problem can start. It is better you go with a better router. You can find a much more powerful router in the market that has better frequency and is good enough to manage high bandwidth. Just go on any popular shopping site and get the models with price.
Old 02-03-2012

Re: Firmware update for Beetel 450TC1

Firmware update will boost the performance. But the output depends on the router hardware. There are low frequency router which are designed for home usage. If the connection is dropping then you must first check your internet. You can try testing other working router and see whether you are getting constant connection or not. If not then you have to contact your ISP for the same. They might resolve the problem you are facing.
Old 02-03-2012

I am an experienced networking engineer, and I had tested 100s of routers. What I want you is to first ensure that your internet connection is proper. If the connectivity fails or drops then you will keep on getting such problem. The best thing you can do is simply go ahead with a good router as mentioned above. You can get that between Rs.4000 to Rs.6000. Get a dual band router so that your internet connectivity remains constant.
Old 02-03-2012

Why don't you just ask the broadband provider you give you a powerful modem. Ask them to give you one that has a router feature also. Through which you can simply enjoy amazing speed. I have a high speed mtnl connection and I got the modem with it. It has wifi facility also. THe router works really well and has no problem with the output.
Old 03-03-2012

I am bit confuse with what you want. Due want help with router that offer you wifi or do you want a modem. In my case I am having a regular modem that came with the broadband provider. I later on purchased Belkin Wireless Dual-Band Travel Router. It is a nice portable router with amazing wireless connectivity. The speed is great. Constant connectivity offer smart file transfer and bandwidth management.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , , , ,