Thread: Plantronics Voyager Pro turns in to Mute after 15 to 20 minutes of call

Plantronics Voyager Pro turns in to Mute after 15 to 20 minutes of call

I have recently bought Plantronics Voyager Pro and the problem that I am facing with it is that when I am using it with Skype v4 then during a call the headset just goes in to the Mute on its own after 15 to 20 minutes of conversation and so I have to turn it off again, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out???

Re: Plantronics Voyager Pro turns in to Mute after 15 to 20 minutes of call

I think that you might be lucky in my case it turns the mute on after 5 minutes and so, I have been using it with the below device:
    • lenovo r400
    • Windows 7 enterprise,
    • Bluetooth drivers from Broadcom

I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong from the laptop side in this case but then there is something wrong with the headset but then I don’t know why.

I am having the same issue with the Plantronics Voyager Pro while using it on Office Communicator 2007 on a Lenovo X201 which is running on windows 7 I don’t know what is the issue all about but then I want to solve it somehow, I have been looking after a solution for the same but then I have just found more and more people having the same issue and not a single effective solution that I can try out, if anyone finds a solution for this then please post it here, any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I am not very sure about this but then I just wanted to share that there is a setting in the Office Communicator from where you can turn check out the option to turn on the automatic volume control and after that let me know if the issue is getting solved or not if the automatic volume control is turned off.

Thanks for that but then I have checked out the setting for the same and I have not yet found any option for Automatic Volume Control in Office Communicator 2007 R2 but then I had came across a option on the Windows / Control Panel / Sound / Communications tab which was for "automatic adjustment of different sounds when using PC to place or receive telephone calls" so I just changed it "Do nothing" from "Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%" and now the issue seems to have been reduced, if you all want then you can try out the same.

If anyone want to get an replacement for the same then they can just pack it up and send to the below address but then make sure that you are attaching your address, receipt, contact number with the same:
    Plantronics
    ATTN: Service Center
    345 Encinal Street
    Santa Cruz, CA 95060