Thread: Getting error message "Drive is Not Accessible: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)" for Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB

Getting error message "Drive is Not Accessible: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)" for Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB

I have been using Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB and it is also having some shared files over the network, actually I was accessing some files and they were open in the network and I accidentally turned off the pc and after that when I turned it on again then the partition was not getting opened and it was saying that I will have to format the drive and so and when I canceled the message then I got an error message saying "Drive is Not Accessible: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)" , is there anyone who is aware of the same and can help me out with it??

Re: Getting error message "Drive is Not Accessible: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)" for Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB

I have been using Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB and it is also having some shared files over the network, actually I was accessing some files and they were open in the network and I accidentally turned off the pc and after that when I turned it on again then the partition was not getting opened and it was saying that I will have to format the drive and so and when I canceled the message then I got an error message saying "Drive is Not Accessible: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)" , is there anyone who is aware of the same and can help me out with it??
    I just wanted to know if you have tried out the chkdsk command if not then try out the same and see if it is helping, other than this let me know the solutions that you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same, First just try the chkdsk command and let me know what you get.

Re: Getting error message "Drive is Not Accessible: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)" for Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB

I have tried out the chkdsk command but then it failed as the file format in my case is RAW, other than this I have tried out the below solution but then they did not helped:
    • Fixing mbr
    • Rebuilding BS with TestDisk6

Is there any other solution that I can try out to get it working somehow??

If you are able to access the files using TestDisk6 then I will suggest you to better tale a backup of the files on to some other hard disk so that you don’t lose them if something goes wrong. After that you can try out deleting the data in the partition table and then rebuilding it using the testdisk, just try out the same and then let me know if that is making any difference in your case.

I am planning to do the same but then I have not yet arranged other hard drive, I really don’t want to take a risk as there are more than 900 gb of files on the drive, anyways I have tried out deleting the f data in the partition table and then rebuilding it using the testdisk but then it did not made any difference, what should I do know??? Is there any other option left for me??

I was facing the same issue before but then there is a program called HDD Regenerator which had helped me out in my case, it is actually capable of finding out which sectors are failing and it also allows one to recover some amounts of the bad sectors, so using the same I was able to repartition it and also avoid the bad sectors and after that everything started working fine, if you want then you can try to use the same and see if it is helping you out or not. Best of luck.