Thread: What can be possibilities for a better Raid 0 and Truecrypt drive setup?

What can be possibilities for a better Raid 0 and Truecrypt drive setup?

My RAID 0 hard disk has stopped since yesterday to function properly, rather, it has failed completely. Be the reason for this is unfortunately not known to me, it is possible that virus or because I have the inner workings of my PC's have been neglected which is quiet dusty. I know little about computers, unfortunately, and I also have to advise unfortunately no money. Please provide

Re: What can be possibilities for a better Raid 0 and Truecrypt drive setup?

If you are not a "high end" system at that time have bought ready-made, in which there was such a Murcks, I think not either. Hitachi is not the way the disk name but a manufacturer. A RAID 0 setup does not make sense just to operate because of the possibility of data loss as a layman and yet not quite so simple. A hard drive you purchase, such as the Samsung F3 had been proposed with 500GB memory and is good. A virus or the dust in your computer, you can exclude the way, both as a source of error almost. If the RAID 0 really is one of the two plates is crap, then there is nothing to reconstruct. But there is a possibility that the controller or scrap it is just a software problem.

If the two RAIDs, then the computer would have four hard drives in it. Are there really four hard drives in it? Since you say that you are comfortable not so good, I would also suggest you to buy a new hard drive, Samsung F3 as the proposed 500-gigabyte (if you reach 500 GB, but until now you had only 320). The F3 with 1 TB would also be a possibility, but the 500 GB is not likely to be a little quieter. Faster and quieter than the old records are always both.

You can use truecrupt :
    Uses symmetric encryption, so my only concern knows the key.
    Carrying encrypted files is as simple as copying the file truecrypt
    In case of problems with the installation, reinstall the product and again you can use the truecrypt file.
    I use it on USB drives and even when the unit is assembled, and remove the disc, so far I have not had trouble with the encrypted file.

I also use TrueCrypt and I think an excellent tool. Is seen to be a mature product that has evolved with the requirements that have been raising and is thought to consciousness. It has so many features, is so well documented and is so easy to use, along with being free; there is no excuse for not encrypting sensitive information we have, especially on laptops. I certainly recommend it whenever the opportunity arises for me.

RAID level 0, strictly speaking, is not redundant array and therefore does not provide reliable data storage. However, this level is actively used in cases where the need for high performance disk subsystem.