Thread: SATA connector broken

SATA connector broken

Because of the overheating due to AC power adapter my SATA hard disk got damaged. That was probably so hard that the plastic has broken off from the hard disk. The connector on the cable had come up. I used to connect the cable to the contacts and can be started and behold the drive is running. Now, of course, is missing that little plastic "L" on the SATA port to plug the holes. What do I do now? Stick falls flat, since the plate is too warm. Buy also falls flat because the drive is running in the raid association or to run and my computer no longer goes. New board from an identical disk also falls flat - I've tried to raid controllers strike "off-line," says the ever? Contacts are too close together because of a cable to solder. So really helps just one of the terminals or terminal strip exchange which can help him? Where can you buy the new?

Re: SATA connector broken

So more than 50 degree C, the heat will probably never, and certainly not at the plug, and actually holds any normal glue. Can you even take hot glue on it and make NEN carefully drip, so it just holds a little bit.

Either sticking with some caution (as described by my predecessor), and there are also heat resistant adhesive that does not cost the earth. With some skillful, and there should be something shrinkable soldering also advance you have set a fine tip soldering iron when not even a SMD. If you buy new connections you had to solder the very likely also to the port.

I would try not only to stick the connector board (with some 2-component glue!), But all the same with cable connectors. This brings stability. I'm just wondering just wondering if then the contact is guaranteed, since the plastic bar plug in the drive so compressing the contact plates.

Happened to me approximately one year ago exactly the same. However, it remained the plug of the cable while healing. But at the plate just did not have the said L. contacts on the board itself was undamaged. I'm just the cable plugged into the socket again carefully and made sure not to bend the contacts of the plate. The whole thing holds up today, and has never been problems. Should the cable into the jack at some point become loose, I will stick with the hot glue from the gun. If you in the connection cable is faulty, but you have to just get a new one and break down the old connector so that you get out safely said L plastic.

The purpose of a RAID array is still, in the case of a defect to exchange drives without losing data, so new disk clean, rebuild, done. Of course not for stripping, but a RAID0 you put any important data.