Thread: western digital 1 TB hard disk not working

western digital 1 TB hard disk not working

Hello friends I own a Western Digital External 1 TB hard Disk and suddenly yesterday it tend to touch the wall when I was taking it somewhere and from that time it is not being detected. The impact was not a big one but it was an enough for the logic card to stop working. So can anyone let me know what can I do as I have very important data in my External hard Disk and that data is only in this and not there in any other place.

Re: western digital 1 TB hard disk not working

I don’t think it is logic card damage. I think it would be having some link of serious mechanical problem and if it is that, than it cannot be solved logically and not even it can solve electrically. For this you will need a professional person how knows each and every thing about Western Digital hard disk.

Can I do one thing if I can get a new Hard disk the same as I have right now with almost the same number only last two numbers different and if I replace the disc from the new hard disk to the old hard disk? As the PCB this is really very difficult. But before doing this kind of this I just want to ask if it would help me or not.

I don’t think this method would help you a little also as for doing that also you need to have good knowledge about the hard disk and equipments. And by doing this you will create more trouble as after doing this even a professional won’t be able to get you your data back. And you will have to lose the data. So if you want to try then go ahead but I would say don’t try any kind of foolish this without asking a professional.