Thread: HP xw9400 Workstation motherboard upgrade

HP xw9400 Workstation motherboard upgrade

Recently I have purchased a new motherboard for HP XW9400 workstation. I got this from the Ebay. It was working fine with dual Opteron 2218(2x2 cores @ 2.6GHz). Yesterday I installed a pair of Opteron 2347HE's and now it will not boot at all. I tried to flash the BIOS to BIOS to 4.03. I mainly use this machine for development and installed OS and KVM.

Re: HP xw9400 Workstation motherboard upgrade

As far as I know that there is an unpopulated jumper, which you can find on the motherboard. You have to solder it closed so that it can disable protect on the boot block. After that only you should Flash the BIOS with the latest version and with latest cpu id codes. The HP offers a Good troubleshooting guide in its support page. No matter what issue, you will get different option troubleshoot your computer. So don’t forget to check this.

I think that problem is due to the incompatible CPU’s on the motherboard. As far as I know that this HP workstation does not support all the processors even it has a same name. There are several versions of motherboard and they do not support all the processors. You need to look into the compatibility list before upgrading.

Have you ever looked in the manual? Mostly because there are the warning signals. It could also be tarnishes or a graphics memory problem. Maybe the bus works with the Graphics not clean. Then it will increase to write-read errors. This may be caused by additional cards.

Probably is an IRQ problem, plug-in cards that cannot be initialized properly, because they do not get along because they share the IRQ addresses must. Possibly it might even help the ACPI mode, either turn on or in the BIOS. If ACPI is set to 2.0, then the account in any case, this is often resource conflicts.

General information about PCI slots, the PCI slot directly below the graphics card should always be kept free anyway. But that both are problematic among them which is not normal.

I have it already tried with the network card but that did not exist. I had planned to me to look once the operating system a bit closer to get to know it better. If so then I do not get along, I would remove the plate on it and grab a new operating system.