Thread: Some keys of IBM R61I KEYBOARD is messing up

Some keys of IBM R61I KEYBOARD is messing up

I have recently bought IBM R61I and the problem that I am facing is that some letters are getting messed up, I mean that when I am pressing q,a,z or num 1 then I am getting a series of letter rather than the letters that I have pressed, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea in resolving it out??

Re: Some keys of IBM R61I KEYBOARD is messing up

I have recently bought IBM R61I and the problem that I am facing is that some letters are getting messed up, I mean that when I am pressing q,a,z or num 1 then I am getting a series of letter rather than the letters that I have pressed, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea in resolving it out??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted you to make sure if you are having this issue just with the on board keyboard or with external usb keyboard as well?? If you have not checked it out,then do it using an external usb keyboard and see if the word are getting messed up or they are working fine?? Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

Yes checking it out using an external keyboard will be a better idea but then if you get the same response for it as well then there might be something wrong with the driver, for that you can check out the below software and see if it is helping:

If the external keyboard is working fine there is something wrong with the on-board keyboard and you will have to get it replaced.

Even I was thinking that there is something wrong with the on-board keyboard but then I am not that sure about the same because at times when I just reboot the machine then it works fine for some moment and then the issue starts again, I am not able to track out the actual cause of the issue, I have tried out using external keyboard and it is working fine .I think that I should better contact the retailer and find out what exactly is the issue??