Thread: Mac Pro G4 does not have Wifi on board

Mac Pro G4 does not have Wifi on board

This is the first time I have got the apple System. It is Mac Pro G4. The problem is there is onboard wifi on this system. Can anyone tell me how I can get wifi on this Mac Pro? I need it most. So I need to get an alternative way.

Re: Mac Pro G4 does not have Wifi on board

Alternatively, take a USB WiFi card or even a PCI . It is cheap, and a desktop computer that will be enough though. Otherwise, there is the alternative CPL... I have an Asus WL-167g works well, with a driver for Panther and Tiger [but also work on Leopard, actually].

I hope that your Powermac G4 is working well and you want wireless internet. The original Apple Airport card is only used and difficult to obtain and work on a slow connection (only 11 Mbps).

So Install a wireless PCI card that works which on any model of Powermac G4 Tiger (OS X 10.4) or Leopard (OS X 10.5). For this card you don’t need any extra software! It works with the Airport standard software in the computer and is therefore 100% compatible source with all existing routers.

In order to connect, look in the airport menu and display the available wireless networks, then when asks for the password (WEP or WPA), you must enter it. If you have a box or ADSL modem-router that performs a MAC filtering you will require going on the router interface to accept the MAC address of your Airport Extreme. That’s it. It is best that you give the model of your modem or the name of your Internet service provider.

The Power Mac G4 is equipped only with a USB port, low-speed (12 Mbit / s). This greatly limits the maximum throughput of the network.

However, a WiFi dongle such as D-Link DWA-110, which is currently still in store for a nominal fee (twenty euros). It comes with drivers for Mac OS 10.3 (Panther) and 10.4 (Tiger), and appears to be under 10.5 (Leopard) with a pilot Ratlink RT2500USB.

Otherwise, the solution indicated by the Ethernet Bridge Alycastre is also interesting (no problem of compatibility with the Mac.