Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to restrict routing between VLANs in HP A5120 using ACL

Hardware Peripherals

Old 14-02-2012

How to restrict routing between VLANs in HP A5120 using ACL

Hello friends, I am having VLAN 10 and also having some of other VLANs in an A5120 EI switch and wanted to do routing from each of the other VLANs to VLAN 10 only but there is not routing in any of the VLANs. So it is possible to do with the ACL? If it is possible then please tell me, how to do it. Thank you.

Old 14-02-2012

re: How to restrict routing between VLANs in HP A5120 using ACL

If you are trying to do it then it is not possible to do as it is not possible on Cisco. If you are having the 3Com/H3C switch then you cannot implemented the ACL to filter intervlan traffic. I am having one method is that you need to implemented port based ACL
Old 14-02-2012

I wanted to know that the A5120 switch is having the router for your network or it is having some of other box to do routing with it? If you are having the second one then I would suggest that you better disable (filter) routing between vlan's on your router, so you can try it which will work for you, so better try it.
Old 14-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameli View Post
I wanted to know that the A5120 switch is having the router for your network or it is having some of other box to do routing with it? If you are having the second one then I would suggest that you better disable (filter) routing between vlan's on your router, so you can try it which will work for you, so better try it.
Well my friend the box is supposed to do the routing; I am not having any other router to it. Where the above user have told that ACL cannot be used to restrict intervlan traffic so I am left with doing port-based ACL for it, on other option for it.
Old 14-02-2012

Can anyone give me a example for the port based, as I am also having the same problem so I need to deny traffic from vlan 3 to 4 but we have to permit traffic from 4 to 3. When I am trying to do it then the packet reach to vlan 3 when it has to return packet then get failed. So what should I do, please help me with it. .
Old 14-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai!jayi View Post
Can anyone give me a example for the port based, as I am also having the same problem so I need to deny traffic from vlan 3 to 4 but we have to permit traffic from 4 to 3. When I am trying to do it then the packet reach to vlan 3 when it has to return packet then get failed. So what should I do, please help me with it. .
I think you might have not applied it properly or you might have applied in wrong direction. I do know little about the directions which was there in the old ProCurve switches (E Series), which means that traffic which is coming to VLAN from the client in that VLAN and where out means that traffic coming from OUTSIDE from some of the other VLANS in to VLAN. I talking about the VLAN as normal interface, in which is coming from the client which connected to the interface and other one is going out to the client.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,