Thread: Is Logitech having plan to provide next product after Logitech Revue?

Is Logitech having plan to provide next product after Logitech Revue?

I was bit disappointed as Logitech has not planned to next version of Logitech Revue. It would be great if they are supposed to provide Harmony component in Revue in order to make superior Google TV product with respect to the device compatibility. They have invested lots of resources in order to maintain as well as enhance Logitech Revue. There are lots of problem on the devices which are not addressed and there could be value on the product.

Re: Is Logitech having plan to provide next product after Logitech Revue?

Well I was really glad as I did not purchased Logitech special GTV webcam. Since we can have better version of GTV hardware but I don’t expect that it would be provided by the Logitech itself. As the next generation of the hardware would be available I would spend the money to purchase the webcam.

I am expecting that they are going to release GTV 2.0. if it is not coming then I am wondering that there would be rooting.

According to me Logitech Revue is the product which was not made by Logitech Itself. Before the releasing of revue Logitech was supposed to manufacture cheap computer hardware. Once Revue came into the market I started to consider Logitech as a Pioneer and thought they are capable of creating great innovative as well as unique product. I think they should begin to work on the new products rather than of selling their solar keyboards, mouse and new generation of the touch screen device. They should develop a product which should be consumable rather than that of the hardware.

I hope Logitech would provide some kind of harmony capable remotes for the GTV. We will be able to make use of revue as there will be releasing of the better technology in the future.

Logitech has announced that there will be great drop in the price of Revue by $99. I think they are in the plan to make the profit by simply selling the peripherals. In case people will lose the interest in terms of purchasing of that particular device then I am sure that Logitech would discontinued the production of Revue. We can have the same kind of Situation for MSNTV as well. All the hardware which were associated with MSN TV was discontinued before a year. But MSN TV is a subscribed version hence Microsoft will be able to get enough amount of incentive so that they can continue with Web TV.

I think other companies can manufactures would try to developer GTV hardware. But the best solution is that Google should begin to manufacturer t their own hardware with the help of Motorola. I don’t wanted to purchase full TV with GTV.

I can understand that Google cannot support for until and unless they are not aware of source code which has been used for Logitech's Harmony component of Revue. In case Tivo is coming out with the DVR Google TV and in case it get happens than it supposed to be the great a platform to have.

TiVo with Google TV is supposed to be the consumer electronics company involvement. I could not remember TiVo made the partnership to manufacturer hardware is supposed to be profitable and they are still having the loyal market . it would not be a great product if they have integrated Harmony with Revue. I am going to put down Revue keyboard and pick up Harmony when I am going to do something with audio/video systems. Revue and having full Harmony remote functionality would be quite expensive.