Thread: Why Logitech Revue is not working via Receiver?

Why Logitech Revue is not working via Receiver?

I am routing Motorola DCH3416 into Integra DTR 40.1 through the HDMI connection connected with Logitech Revue and Samsung 8000 55 LED. I am getting choppy audio. However when I am bypassing Integra each and everything was working great. Let me know if you are having any other solution to fix the matter.

Re: Why Logitech Revue is not working via Receiver?

I was also facing the same problem which you have stated over here. I found that there was an issue with cable box itself. Motorola is not allowing to working of the connection. I can make the thing working by using HDMI from the cable box to TV and after that make use of optical out to get audio. Also you can ask your cable provider can different box rather than that of Motorola.

As far as I know Motorola set tops has implemented HDCP DRM. The implementation is not allowing couple of downstream devices which supposed to be connected through the HDMI to Set Top box. You will be able to connect Set Top Box to revenue to TV, however you cannot connect STB to Revue to AVR to TV.
    The remedy is swap Motorola set top box with non Motorola set top box and bypass the HDMI connection to AVR.

I am suspecting that the problem which you have mentioned over here is happening because of HDCP conflict. Comcast is supposed to enforce couple of device HDCP on the set top boxes. I have found some cable service providers who are providing replacement boxes or the firmware updates in order to fix the issue which you have stated over here.
    I do agree with the using of the optical digital cable which has been mentioned in the previous post. The optical connection will not cause the HDCP problem on Set Top box which you are using.

Another solution which I can tell you is that you can swap the cable box by using CableCards and getting the Tivo Premiere. It is the most preferred method to fix the above mentioned problem since by using that one will be able to save the money by avoiding the rental fees for the cable provider which they are using. So far I have wasted $227.76 per year on DVR and converter box. After 5 years it would be come $1,138.80. I could purchased couple of Tivo Premieres with the Lifetime subscriptions or single Tivo Premiere XL with lifetime subscriptions.

Just a speculation the problem could be happening since there are no HDCP keys. It will limit devices or maximum depth set by the cable manufacturer. Well I am highly suspecting that the HDMI Splitter not working and conflicting with the firmware rather than that of HDCP limitation. No one will be able to figure out whether until and unless one has installed HDMI protocol analyze on their device.

The thing which you have stated over here is indication that there is HDCP conflict is happening. What was the result when you have tried with the different HDMI cable? A flaky HDMI cable can cause issue when 5V is needed to keep the signal stable.