Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

network card disappeared from HP Compaq dc5100 SFF

Hardware Peripherals

Old 14-02-2012

network card disappeared from HP Compaq dc5100 SFF

Hi friends I have HP Compaq dc5100 SFF PC and I it has started giving me problem from last few days. Suddenly internet has stopped working my PC and when I open device manger at that time network adapter was not listed there. What should I do to solve this problem?

Old 14-02-2012

Re: network card disappeared from HP Compaq dc5100 SFF

This type of problem normally occurs when device gets disabled from the BIOS and that is why I would like to tell you that you should first go to the BIOS setting and then make sure that network adapter is not disabled. I hope this may be helpful for you. if you need any more information then let me know.
Old 14-02-2012

You should first open device manger in your computer and then check whether there is any “unknown device” listed or not? if there is not “unknown device” listed then you have to start click on view option in device manager and then select Show hidden device option. Now after that you have to see whether it shows Network Adapters or not. I think after clicking on the Show hidden device option your problem will get solved and you will be able to se the network adapter.

If you need any more information regarding this then let me know.
Old 14-02-2012

I have opened device manager and there was no unknown device listed. Now after that I have clicked on the Show hidden device option and then I was able to see the network adapter but it was with yellow exclamation mark. Now please tell me what should I do to fix this issue?
Old 14-02-2012

According to me you have to right click on the network adapter device and then click on uninstall and then you have to restart your HP Compaq dc5100 SFF. Now after that you have to install network drivers again in your computer and then your problem will get solved. if you want to download network drivers for your HP Compaq dc5100 SFF then you can download it from HP official site.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,