Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-02-2012

Samsung 400LD drive makes clicking sound

I have purchased Samsung 400LD hard drive recently. I tried to connect the hard drive through USB and it started clicking automatically. After that windows asked me to format the hard drive. I recovered the data through a recovery data program. Soon after that I wiped the drive with killdisk and gradually formatted it. In this process the Drive did not click but after that I connected it to the laptop but the windows stated that the USB is malfunctioned. It is very annoying. What should I do now?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 14-02-2012

Re: Samsung 400LD drive makes clicking sound

I will suggest you to use HD tune. It will scan all the bad sectors. I think there will no harm if you repair the hard drive as you have recovered your data. Also try another ide hard drive and put it into enclosure and see whether it is working properly or not. There should be possibility that there should be a fault in enclosure or enclosure PSU.
Old 14-02-2012

Re: Samsung 400LD drive makes clicking sound

Ohhh!!! I forgot to check the health tab in hd tune earlier. I checked and it stated that the Reallocated Sector count data is 3726, but I have done the error scan so many times and I have found that not a single sector is damaged. After that, windows is asking me to backup the hard drive and stating that it has detected hard disk problem. I am thinking this should be happening because of the Smart Data.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,