Thread: need help about Samsung S2 Portable 500 GB hard drive in desktop

need help about Samsung S2 Portable 500 GB hard drive in desktop

I have purchased Samsung S2 Portable 500GB hard drive. From one year it is working very well. When I was using it recently and plug it into my computer, it generated a sound that some device is plugged into pc but there was nothing. The disk works on another computer very well. I tried my external camera to use with this socket and it worked perfectly but hard drive is not working well. What should I do?? Any suggestions??. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: need help about Samsung S2 Portable 500 GB hard drive in desktop

I think there must be disk or data recovery issue. Check that everything is connected properly or not. Also check the USB power, there must be a possibility that the USB ports must contain some issue. Also check whether the port is properly working or not. I think after checking all your problem should be solved.

If you are using windows as OS then you should check the computer management to see whether the hard drive is properly detected or not. If not detected properly then you should see if it is detected properly. Also properly check the device manager that the hard drive is properly installed or not. If your hard drive is working properly with other computer then there not is a case of data recovery. It must be OS issue.

Dude I was also facing the same issue. I bought Samsung portable s2 500 GB few days ago. I copied a file into the hard drive. I plugged the hard drive into my computer and windows granted permission but asked me to format the hard drive. I was unable to access it. I then checked through the disk management and it showed that the external hard drive is in proper condition. What should I do now?? Need help.

I will suggest you to that you should create a sector by creating a sector image of the hard drive and then gradually recover it. You should use FTK Imager to can access it or you can use data recovery software called R-Studio. But remember if the MFT is corrupted then there is a possibility that you will lose the folder structure & file names.