Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need help for SAS HDD driver on Lenovo ThinkStation S10

Hardware Peripherals

Old 13-02-2012

Need help for SAS HDD driver on Lenovo ThinkStation S10

Hello friends, I am very much tired of the problem with SAS HDD, so I needed some help regarding that. When I load Windows 7 on Lenovo ThinkStation S10 6483 which is having the SAS HDD, so during the time of startup the system is not able to detect the drive and ask for driver. The main problem is that I am not able to get the SAS driver for windows 7. Can anyone help me with the problem? Thank you.

Old 13-02-2012

Re: Need help for SAS HDD driver on Lenovo ThinkStation S10

If you are not able to get the drivers for Windows 7 then you can try the Windows Vista from the below link, which might work for you.

LSI SAS Storage Controller Driver for Windows Vista

Even you can visit to LSI sites and try to get it, just go to following link

LSI SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD 1
LSI SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD 2
Old 13-02-2012

I have tried all of the things and it has not worked for me, I wanted to have the SAS drive. I am not able to load the system without having the storage device, so can you please tell something else which might work.
Old 13-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabhoj View Post
I have tried all of the things and it has not worked for me, I wanted to have the SAS drive. I am not able to load the system without having the storage device, so can you please tell something else which might work.
I wanted to know that copy of windows 7 is having the Service Pack 1 integrated on it or not? When I was doing it then I have not faced the RAID HBAs during the time of installation under windows 7 or 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1, especially with the LSI controllers.
Old 13-02-2012

I think that you might not have the SAS drive in your system, it might be SATA drive, just you better check it, open the box and check. Once it has happened with me, I was same thing, then I have opened the box and founded that it was SATA drive and have to give it back as it was defective. The Windows 7 have told that it will not work which was not believed by me.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,