Thread: After formatting Mac OS X recover data from WD Hard disk

After formatting Mac OS X recover data from WD Hard disk

Right now I am having WD 1T HDD. One partition of 40Gb NTFS and rest of them are having larger partition. I tried to install Mac OS X on the 40 GB partition and reformatted with EXT4. When I returned to Windows 7 and found that Mac OS X has removed all files from the hard disk rather than from the 40Gb partition. I am looking to recover those files from the Windows 7. Any help??????

Re: After formatting Mac OS X recover data from WD Hard disk

Well after going through the issue I recommend that you should use R-Studio. It works like charm. But remember that its not a free software rather than you have to purchase it.
    In case you are not able to find out the data then the changes which you have made to the partition might be overwritten and hence it won’t be recoverable.

Do you having a Mac computer? if you have made any changes on the hard drive like formatting as well as changing from IDE to AHCI would change the partition tables . in simple terms you have done lots of mess with all the changes and hence there would be really less chance to recover all the data. So I wanted to tell you that you should backup the data before you do any crucial changes on hard disk. It will be helpful to restore the data before the changes done your hard drive.

There are several program available such as recuva. Another tool you can have is getbackdata ntfs its not free version of the software but you can get the demo version of it like R-Studio.

I recommend winhex as per the above mentioned recovery software it is not a free program as well. You will be able to search the file by using file type only. If you are looking to have photos only then you can search the same by using jpeg and see whether what results do you getting. you can also have chances for the raw recovery for the photos . but according to me R-Studio is the best solution so far to recover all the data.