Thread: Need suggestion for Hitachi Storage Manager for VMware vCenter and AMS integration

Need suggestion for Hitachi Storage Manager for VMware vCenter and AMS integration

Hello friends, I have recently started using the Storage Manager for VMware vCenter and AMS integration, so I wanted to have some suggestion about it. So can you people provide with some suggestion that it will be helpful for me to use it and easier for me. So please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Need suggestion for Hitachi Storage Manager for VMware vCenter and AMS integration

I would suggest that it support matrix in documentation states, and the SMVC (Storage Manager for VMware vCenter) is been supported by Server operating systems. So you should be better clear with these things.

Re: Need suggestion for Hitachi Storage Manager for VMware vCenter and AMS integration

I was knowing all this, I hope that it support for Windows XP / 7 operating systems, as on these two platforms VMware system is been used. I have tried to run it on multiple 64-bit Windows 7 systems but always get an error “Failed to discover ESX host information”. Has anyone tried to do it and managed to get it worked on 64-bit Windows 7.

Let me tell you if using the VMware V1 then it is having some of the problems, such that it will fail to check if the current login account is having the modify permission on the array and it is that place where problem occurs in the API workflow, particular around adding storage, which is the reason to cause a problem. Whereas if you are using V2 then there might have no problem with it yet, so not knowing much about it.