Thread: Need HP Compaq 500B MT SATA Controller driver

Need HP Compaq 500B MT SATA Controller driver

I have recently bought HP Compaq 500b MT computer and it is also having FreeDOS and the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to install Windows 7 or windows XP then they are not able to recognize the SATA hard drives, the pc chipset in my case is G41 Express Chipset with Intel I/O Controller Hub 7, I just wanted to know if there is anyone who can provide me the SATA controller drivers??

Re: Need HP Compaq 500B MT SATA Controller driver

I have recently bought HP Compaq 500b MT computer and it is also having FreeDOS and the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to install Windows 7 or windows XP then they are not able to recognize the SATA hard drives, the pc chipset in my case is G41 Express Chipset with Intel I/O Controller Hub 7, I just wanted to know if there is anyone who can provide me the SATA controller drivers??
    I just wanted to know if you have tried out the below drivers:
    • Rapid Storage drivers from intel
    • Matrix storage drivers

If you want then you can try out the drivers from the nlite webpage, just check these out and then let me know if it is helping

After you suggestion I have tried them all but then they are just not making any difference, I mean that the Rapid Storage drivers from intel and the Matrix storage driver did not helped where as the drivers that I downloaded from the nlite webpage did not helped even when I used them to slipstream xp with SATA drivers, is there any other driver or workaround that can help??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

They should have helped, anyways can you just check out in the bios setup and look out for an option to enable and disable the sata mode and you can also try to choose the ide rather than choosing ata, just check it out and then let me know what you get.

Even I need some help regarding the same, actually even I am not able to install XP in Compaq 500B MT, actually when I am trying to install then the system is getting hanged when it says setup is loading the files and so, I am not having any issue in installing Win 7 and Vista, I have also tried using Sata driver which comes Integrated with n-lite software but then it did not helped, is there any other thing that I can do to solve the issue??