Thread: Printer not recognized in HP 6360t Mobile Thin Client

Printer not recognized in HP 6360t Mobile Thin Client

In our company we have deployed more than 100 of HP 6360ts. Now the biggest problem is si some users cannot access home printers to work. By the help of VMware View, we have hosted VM environment but the system won’t accept the printer. Sometimes thin clients will kick an error. All of them are running Windows Embedded Standard 7 32bit. I have tried other printers also but issue remains the same. What HP is dealing here?

Re: Printer not recognized in HP 6360t Mobile Thin Client

My printer came with installation software. So first I have installed it. After that one the host- computer, downloaded the correct driver, but it won't install since the printer isn’t recognized.

Somewhere I read that both systems must have same drivers. So re-installed everything once again. Now on both side I have identical software.

It seems to me that you need to assign either a static or reserved dynamic address in the router so that the printer can be recognized. AS I know that Windows are little tricky about printers with dynamic addresses. Whatever the issue, just take a look into the advanced network setting and make sure that printer and file sharing are enabled and there is password protection.

AS far as I know that most of the Terminal Services automatically add new printers right away it is connected only when if you have installed the correct drivers. If you have installed any incompatible drivers, then there will be a problem.

I have used the own printers with the same brand as thinclients and the configuration was fine. Make sure to log in as Admin user. After that go to the Add printer> select local printer>Create a new port & use standard TCP/IP. After that find the client on the network using the correct port to add the driver. To test, just print a test page when prompted.