Thread: HP 5740e loses regional settings and pinned application after image capture

HP 5740e loses regional settings and pinned application after image capture

If I capture the thin client image on an usb drive, the system loses the regional settings and user pinned applications. Howe can I avoid this? If I looked under the standard user profiles directory I can see the link of the pinned application on thin client but the Windows will not show them at all. I am running Windows Embedded Standard 7.

Re: HP 5740e loses regional settings and pinned application after image capture

You are using the WES 7 image and it is using the SYSPREP to reseal the image. There are several settings need to be done on that in order to retail the exact settings. For further help you can search on MS site and see how to customize it.

In my case I don’t use HPDM, just a USB key. The problem is it only tried to connect to the user account but not Admin. I know that it is the problem with the sysprep which is quite different in WES7. However there is an Easiest way to fix and that is configure the required settings using a batch from HPDM but it should be done after imaging. The HPDM is quite easy configure and it is powerful

As far as I know that the time zone settings are stored inside the sysprep_unattend.xml. You can locate this file in c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep_unattend.xml. Go to the file and open it by right clicking on it and edit. Roll down to the time zone. Change it as you want. This will be permanently set now. So the major problem resolved in my case but I didn’t able to solve the resolution issue yet.

I am also pretty sure that the issue has something to do with the sysprep and WES 7 and about its settings. I was also not able to retain Time Zone setting after I capture the image from the thin client. I want it be reflected. For that purpose I have modified the sysprep_unattend by the help of HP person and the problem went away. So urge you to try different settings inside the sysprep folder in order to retain your settings as you always wanted.