Thread: Getting LightScribe error while using Roxio Express Labeler on HP Z210 Workstation

Getting LightScribe error while using Roxio Express Labeler on HP Z210 Workstation

I have recently bought Z210 workstation which is running on Windows 7 and the problem that I am facing is that when I am burning a LightScribe label onto a disc then I am getting the below error message:
    LightScribe - (D) hp DVD-RAM GH60L RD05 217
    The drive resource file does not support this media type. A LightScribe system software update may fix this. Would you like to look for an update now or continue with non-optimized printing.

Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Getting LightScribe error while using Roxio Express Labeler on HP Z210 Workstation

I have recently bought Z210 workstation which is running on Windows 7 and the problem that I am facing is that when I am burning a LightScribe label onto a disc then I am getting the below error message:
    LightScribe - (D) hp DVD-RAM GH60L RD05 217
    The drive resource file does not support this media type. A LightScribe system software update may fix this. Would you like to look for an update now or continue with non-optimized printing.
    Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    Before I suggest you something about this I just wanted to know if you are using a LighScribe DVD and not NON-LighScribe DVD? Other than this I also wanted to know which is the media you are using to burn a LightScribe label??

Re: Getting LightScribe error while using Roxio Express Labeler on HP Z210 Workstation

I am not using any NON-LighScribe DVD and I am using Verbatim LightScribe DVDs, I also wanted to add that the error message is having Print, Update, Cancel, so here when I am clicking on Update then it is directing me to a web site but then it does not let me have an idea about the patch/update that Is to be installed. When I click on the Cancel then it does not burns and when I click on the Print then it proceed with the process and burns successfully.

I am not very sure but then you can try to perform the above solutions and see if it is helping:
    • First just Update or install the latest Intel Rapid Storage driver
    • After that make a clean install of the Uninstall Roxio and then reinstall the same

Just try it out and see if it is making any difference.

I have tried out the above solutions but then they are not making any difference in my case and I am still getting the same error message, is there any other solution that I can try out to get rid of this issue?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.