Thread: Logitech G700 mouse lagging connection after showing 3 Red LEDs

Logitech G700 mouse lagging connection after showing 3 Red LEDs

I am using Logitech G700 on MacBook with Steermouse and SizzlingKeys and it is working fine. I can use different key bindings specific to iTunes and Firefox. Today after several days I removed the plug of mouse from USB port and connected it back. Before that I turned off the mouse using switch on the underside. After connecting I turned it back. At that time three LEDs were glowing red about 15 seconds. Now while using the mouse I observed that all key bindings went wrong. The tracking is stuttery and oversensitive and sometime it is impossible to use. I didn’t get it how this was happened. Can anyone explain me?

Re: Logitech G700 mouse lagging connection after showing 3 Red LEDs

As far as I know that these Logitech mouse are meant to work with the Setpoint software and both are compatible each other for any kind of settings and customization and even for different profiles. You said that you are using it in Macbook since no drivers installed and no Setpoint software. This could really lead you to several problems. The profiles usually saved inside the mouse itelf. The profiles might have corrupted or its values could be changed by Steermouse and SizzlingKeys.

I had the same problem in Windows but there it can easily resolve using Setpoint software. But for Mac I don’t know whether this is available or not. Still I recommended you to connect the mouse to any Windows computer and change the profile settings using Setpoint and save it. Connect back it again to the mouse and it could be solved now. If you are using mouse in wireless mode, then you can see the red light when the battery is down.

SetPoint has several kind of solution for Logitech gaming mouse. You need to connect the Mouse and in SetPoint go to your mouse > Battery and there you need to uncheck few options which seems not necessary for Mac. Some settings only usable in Windows not compatible with Mac and it can cause the mouse to act very strange when the profile has been changed automatically. Some events automatically trigger inside the mouse when battery become slow causing stuttering and oversensitivity.

I think I have found a solution. If your mouse is over Wireless connection, then there could be interruption with other sources. You need to figure out what is causing this. However the Red LEDs indicate the mouse battery become low and you need to replace them.

For connection issue, there are connecting buttons on both mouse and mouse receiver. To connect the mouse with receiver, you first need to press the button over receiver and then mouse. At this time the blinking light will stop for few seconds. Once connected everything become normal.