Thread: Hard Drive fails to recognize in Lenovo Think Centre S51 8171-2CU

Hard Drive fails to recognize in Lenovo Think Centre S51 8171-2CU

My System original Hard Disk Crash, so I have bought a new Western Digital 160 GB 7200 rpm. But however when I reboot the System the System fail to read that particular Hard Drive. So I can’t figure out what I am missing there in such installation, if you guys have any ideas about this issue or any suggestion regarding this Topic then please let me know. Any help with this will be gratefully received.

Re: Hard Drive fails to recognize in Lenovo Think Centre S51 8171-2CU

Computer mostly fails to see the hard drive. If there is the requirement for installing latest BIOS update, so install the latest Bios Update if there are such issues seen in your Computer. If there are the pins for jumpers then you should try to putting jumper on to the PINS 5&6. May be the pins for jumpers will resolve this issue.

There are the need to make sure that Driver are powered on and properly connected with the computer and any configuration related to the Hard Drive is need to be fixed properly with the computer . And also the power to the Disk Drives is need to be ON. And if still you are not clear with the issue then try to connect this Hard Drive with some other devices and see whether the issue is still with their if yes then it means there are some of the issue is with Hard Disk only and you have to format your Drive.

Make sure the power connector that you are using there to connect your Hard Drive with your CPU is legacy or SATA power connectors, because only one or the other should be used for this connectivity and also you have to make use of 2 power plugs on your drive to make it works. Or the simple thing is to check for the connectivity and make sure that the Hard Drive is spinning up whenever the System reboot. And if these things are perfect then there may be the chances that your Motherboard has some of the issue.