Thread: Logitech C920 webcam with only one level zoom

Logitech C920 webcam with only one level zoom

I own logitech C920 and I am not satisfied with this product. I usually use it for Skype. The problem is I have only one level zoom when the cam set to 1920 x 1080p mode. This zoom is well suited for group of people but for single person for video call, it is not the perfect setup. If I look into the preview, it seems like I am sitting very far behind the webcam and it covers most of the area around me. Is it camera design or bug in software which is causing faulty setup? Any advice?

Re: Logitech C920 webcam with only one level zoom

It seems to me that you are not using the compatible drivers for the logitech C920 webcam. I has the same issue when I was using the same webcam on windows vista computer and there was compatible no drivers for Vista. So I tried installing the Windows XP drivers with compatibility mode. Luckily drivers get installed and webcam started working fine. I have also installed Logitech software. But then I noticed that some features were not available in Vista or may be not compatible.

As far as I can think that your webcam is working in the same manner it designed and intended to do so. If you have any doubt about the working condition of webcam, you should take a look in to the webcam specs once again. You might get help from there.

• You have to manually adjust the zoom when you open the program like messenger or anything.
    • After that launch the Logitech software from the desktop or Taskbar or Start> All Programs.
    • Now go to the 'Settings' menu.
    • Now there you can adjust the zoom using the slider

It seems like your webcam is working fine. So there is no problem with the cam. The problem either lies inside the Logitech software or skype or any. Sometimes skype will not take any settings provided by the Logitech since it uses its own. You need to get the appropriate settings from Skype. I have seen the same thing with yahoo messenger where you need to adjust zoom inside the yahoo messenger itself.