Thread: Red light on Logitech Alert 750e while using in night mode

Red light on Logitech Alert 750e while using in night mode

I am having Logitech Alert 750e. it is having two red lights at night. Well I am having status and LED switched off. Can you suggest any way to turn off the red lights? The light is visible from the distance. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Red light on Logitech Alert 750e while using in night mode

I wanted to tell you that Light which you are wanted tell you over here is that IR LED will enables you to see in the dark. You can simply turn off by doing below mentioned steps.
    • You have to go for Settings then go for Cameras.
    • Here go for Camera Page and simply Turn the night vision to off.
    • If you are still wanted to see the things in video when it is dark then you will require to illuminate your scene in some other way.

as far as i know IR lights are invisible the human being. Already I am having some IR LED Light sources which are completely invisible in the night.

The LED lights which are used on the e outdoor cameras are placed at the centered on the 880nm IR wavelength. It is having bright IR LEDs. these IR LEDs are did not seems to be pure monochromatic emitter. You can simply think about the bell curve with the sharp drop off on either of the side. You can go for IR wavelength which is centered on 960nm and if that is the case any of the light will be visible to the human eye. If you are having longer wavelength then sensor would be less sensitive to the frequency of the light. Hence you will be able to get the better picture with 880nm wavelength IR light with the disadvantage is that there would be smaller amount of the visible light as red to human eyes.

Some of the part of the night mode is into the IR filter. In the day mode IR filter is in front of the lens and it simply blocks the wavelengths of the light to a specific threshold value in order to look and feel of the picture more appropriate. Into the night mode IR filter would be physically removed from the front of the lens to get the IR light through. The sensor will also give you some kind of adjustments in night mode. Hence if you have disabled the night vision it would not work very well to use quite different IR light source in order to illuminate the dark scene.