Thread: Truecopy Replication is Inconsistent with Hitachi AMS2500

Truecopy Replication is Inconsistent with Hitachi AMS2500

Currently I am using the Hitachi AMS2500 drive bay and split a truecopy pair. After that I have erased it by using "Delete Pair" options knowing that it is wont be necessary any more. After deleting I have noticed that primary LUN showing as "unpaired" but the other one as "pair". I had eventually deleted the LUNs but still have a doubt about it. Is it possible to pair the LDEVs again and then once again try to split them or there any workaround

Re: Truecopy Replication is Inconsistent with Hitachi AMS2500

Can you tell me how you are observing the information on Truecopy Replication? As I know that there are 2 different types of interface available. In that one is Graphics user interface or web based interface and the second one is character or command line interface. Before deleting the pair, you need split them (pairsplit -S) and then go for delete.

I have already tried the same as you told. I have split the pair. I can recognize what is wrong here. The pair was split on SNM2. When I looked into the device manager, I have noticed that they are incompatible. At the first glance, I didn’t get what was the cause but later come to know that DvM database was corrupted and there was no refresh process. Due to this there was no update on database. So now I need to fix the problem with DvM.

I knew it and for that reason I have asked whether you are seeing it through GUI or the CLI. Device Manager fairly lies there without refreshing and replication manager hardly ever knows what the true state is and what is happening. To get the proper information, I always I urge you to use CCI or the CLI. This interface will carry out a direct API call to the array so that you can get the accurate results.