Thread: How to generate a test SNMP trap on AMS 2100 storage?

How to generate a test SNMP trap on AMS 2100 storage?

I am having a AMS 2100 storage and I am trying to test my snmp config so I just wanted to know if there is a way to generate a test SNMP trap without taking out the hardware from the machine, is there anyone who has tried out the same or has an idea about it??

Re: How to generate a test SNMP trap on AMS 2100 storage?

I am having a AMS 2100 storage and I am trying to test my snmp config so I just wanted to know if there is a way to generate a test SNMP trap without taking out the hardware from the machine, is there anyone who has tried out the same or has an idea about it??
    I don’t think that such facility is available for it by now, I also wanted to share that when I had faced the failed drive I had checked out the events to figure out what exactly the trap was but then it was quite difficult to check out,I have found the SNMP trap facility is not there in most of the system but then if you are having SNMP manager then it should get the traps from other systems but then if you are not having the same then you can try to use snmptrap from net-snmp in order to generate a test SNMP trap on AMS 2100 storage, just try it out and see if it is helping.

I think that I can help you here just make sure that you are doing the following:
    • Check if the config.txt is stored in the ASCII text and not Unicode, so just make sure that it is stored in ASCII and after that upload the same to AMS.
    • Check out if the SNMP license has been applied to the array and its option is enabled as well, if the array might have not getting recognized then you will get a warning where the array will start beeping.
    • Just make sure that you have are having the above cases and after that you should not have any such issues.

I was facing the same issue and I had tried out a no of solution but then they had not helped me out and I have now stopped using the SNMP, I had contacted the HDS but then the appeared to be not interested in helping me out, for now I am trying to get Tuning Manager and HSSM integrated with the Microsoft Ops Manager but then I have not yet got success, I don’t know what’s wrong, I will like to know if anyone has an effective workaround for the same.

I am not very sure but then you can try out the below steps and see if it is helping:
    • First Login SNM2 by using root user open which will be in the setting > E-mail Alert > Enable E-mail Alert / edit e-mail setting.
    • So now just Add your SNMP server setting and after that click on the “Send test mail” which will be at the bottom but then just make sure that you are having licensed SNMP-AGENT.
    • The status should be enabled under the license tab but then if that’s not working out for you then you can try to install Hi-Track software for AMS and check out if that’s helping you out.