Thread: GIGABYTE M8000X sensitivity settings reverts back all time.

GIGABYTE M8000X sensitivity settings reverts back all time.

I am getting problem with this gigayte mouse and its software. The sensitivity settings work not as intended to do so. If it is only on Y-sensitivity, it works fine but it is not useful in my case. But if I set to X-sensitivity, mouse adapts to fresh sensitivity and then returns both values to 90dpi. There is also the problem with “On the fly" sensitivity changing button. With this also the settings backs to 90dpi. This issue is really uncomfortable and causing pixels getting skipped and cursor jerks a bit. Any solution?

Re: GIGABYTE M8000X sensitivity settings reverts back all time.

It seems to me that M8000x works by setting its dpi within the mouse only and it will not controlled computer. So the problem with the mouse only. These kinds of gaming mouse come with the small processor power and memory built in it and stores whatever settings or profiles within the mouse only. I have done some settings and I have noticed that the issue is with the dpi settings only. Other things like Macros, clicking, scrolling, switching works fine.

I have also noticed the same problem here. The problem I can assume that it is due to the wireless receiver and related driver which might be interfering causing some operation. If I increase the dpi using control panel, I can notice that mouse moving very fast in a matter of seconds since it reverts back to 90 dpi.

I have noticed the different mouse here.
    • Logitech G9x = 165 inch/s 30g 5600 dpi
    • Razer Imperator = 200 inch/s 50g 5600 dpi
    • M8000x = 150 inch/s 30g 6000 dpi

From the above list you can see that Gigabyte is the one with best resolution, but not the fastest mouse. Other 2 have better max tracking speeds. Other than this Razer has a better acceleration.

So far I didn’t see anyone complaining about this mouse and about this issue. It would probably seems like a hardware fault other the incompatibility between drivers, mouse software and operating system. If so, you would contact the retailer for replacement or RMA.

What size monitor you are using? There is no difference you can see whatsoever above 1800DPI except you are using High resolution monitor like 2560x1600