Thread: Slow home network while copying file on My Book Live Network Attached Hard

Slow home network while copying file on My Book Live Network Attached Hard

This is really annoying . I just recently bough this Western Digital My Book Live Network Attached Hard for media streamer and home backup device although while copying the file which is of 230 GB I realized the copying speed was about 900 kps to 1.5 mbps . and the playback of any HD movies is also slow sometime . so as usual as anyone would think I though it would be the router so I chanced the old one(Belkin wireless) with the new Netgear N600. Which shows some progress and copying speed increase to about 3.5 mpbs which is still feeling very less . so my question is that whether speed normal or something wrong , I m using Fiber-optic connection, windows 7

re: Slow home network while copying file on My Book Live Network Attached Hard

This is because of the drive are bottleneck. So they are not able to make computer to work fast so that to keep up with whole activity is carrying on. Is suggest you should get a real home server computer .

I have a netgear wrt624 108 mbps router, plus a netgear 108 mbps laptop pcmia card. And if I am correct With a Netgear DG834PN as well as a Netgear N600 I more often than not get 54mbps this is because the technique the router is configured and throughout large file transfers trough the Wi-Fi, acquire the complete 108. This is most likely because there is just a stud wall among me and my router.

I think it is because of the windows 7. I was just looking about this on the internet as this is what I found Why is Windows 7 so slow in copying network files? hopes this helps you

Well I feel the Wireless is slow and it Is not because of the environment and other stuff. If all the component is wired then make sure that you are using the homemade cables which is nicely set to negotiate stepped and duplex. There is nothing that can cause the duplex mismatch

Sa far as I know if one side is said to use the 100 full then the other side will be half duplex, that is a common reason of the poor performance and the other reason is the bad and the home made cable

I think the duplex must be mismatch or either bad cable in your case . infact some time the factory cable can be bad however that is very rare cases . I think the cat5 or higher cable? And as far as the noise problem I think it might be

• Cordless phones
    • Improper antenna orientation
    • Wireless
    • Microwaves
    • Baby monitors
    • Bluetooth

anything can reason low signal to noise ratios.

I had the same problem and I just did this on the Device Manager and then to the wireless network adapter. Then Right click and go to Properties. Over the see the Advanced tab. choose Wireless Mode below Property. Alter the Value just add 3 in front of the default value because the default value is the reason that was causing the slow up. Hope this helps.

Try this

1. Just Go to Control Panel,
    2. Select System then Open it.
    3. Click on Device Manger and It requires admin rights , so click go on with if it asks.
    4. In the Network Adapters, you must make out your network card. Right click Over and select Properties.
    5. Go to the Advanced tab.
    6. below Property, select Link Speed & Duplex. And changed it to the Auto Negotiation. Click Okay.

Now you should have remarkably faster transfer speeds.

Might it be an AC power problem? Bad power supply goes on the routers, that is causing the power bricks, and in turn that is what making th e signal quality? I had this similar issue with my router which give me 13Mbit/sec.

I replace the router, however afterward find out , that the issue was not with the router, it was the power brick. Changed it, and after that it connected at 130Mbit/sec, the max DD-WRT connect