Thread: Weird noise coming out from Dell OptiPlex GX270

Weird noise coming out from Dell OptiPlex GX270

Currently I am using the Optiplex GX270 and it is working fine but the problem is some kind of weird noise. I have double checked the CPU case but nothing came up. Sometimes I even notice black screen, when weird noise occurs.

Re: Weird noise coming out from Dell OptiPlex GX270

If it is going on with that, the noise is due to a reduction in energy state, and that is very typical, many people spend (and many other do not realize). According to the manufacturers of disk drives is "normal". Now if they really bother you could just ask for change. Also try to change the status of hard disk power saving mode to: relax

It seems to me that there is probably a little 'dust that does not breathe the fans, and do something to undermine the idea that when you scratch moves.

Try to clean them out by yourself and see whether you can hear the noise again or not

I would replace more than clean it. But before that i will try to figure out which fan is the problem. To do this open the houses, turn on your PC and check the individual fan and see which one is making noise. If you are not experienced anything there, then do not touch anything inside. If you see that the problem is a fan, then you must replace or repair it. if it is about the heatsink of the cpu or video card, then do not touch it since it can be a delicate thing.

Probably you have created the classic dust cap from the CPU fan and heatsink, and then the fan struggles to cool it. Usually the fans are faulty or damaged sound cold but gradually disappear, your hand seems to me the inverse problem.

I think that on the black side of your case you definitely have a plastic funnel, which coincides with the fan on the heatsink of CPU, this is so that the air coming directly from outside and therefore is exempted from the inside of the case. This funnel could be also spring to coincide perfectly with the fan. It can happen that will move and touch lightly the shovels. The fact that you hear the noise increase when using the pc is because the processor fan spins faster the higher the temperature of the cpu.

The noise you hear is the lack of an electromagnetic brake that stops the disc tray once it goes off.
    A hard disk with a retractable retractable head (of course). In practice the printhead, which works in millionths of a millimeter from the surface of the disk is moved and put into a position that prevents, in the case of collision, the contact between head and disk, preserving the life of the disc.

Remove the side panel of the case, while the PC is turned on and is making noise trying to lock with one finger for a few seconds the CPU fan and see if the noise continues or not

Theoretically, a retractable disk is less likely to break under shock or even in case of accidental falls, I say theoretically because a disc has been dropped is a record that has greatly shortened his life, even if it continues to function normally.

Some discs (enterprise-class but also some normal) have a kind of brake that halts the pot in a few moments. This is to prevent breakage due to the effect gyroscope, which can weaken the axis on which turns the pot if the disk, is suddenly turned on one side of the disc is still spinning.

The hard disk consists fundamentally from one or more disks of glass or aluminum, coated with ferromagnetic material in rapid rotation, and by two heads for each disk (one per side), which, during the operation are positioned, by a special circuit, to the distance of a few hundredths of a nanometer from the surface of the disk reading and writing data. The head is held aloft by the air moved by the same rotation of the disks that can be respectively of 7200 rpm (7200 rpm) or 10000 rpm (10000 rpm).

The noises you hear initially indicate a disk failure. This failure may be due or a mechanical problem or a software problem. In both cases it is highly recommended to save your data.