Thread: Power supply compatible with Dell OptiPlex 780 MT and Dell OptiPlex 780 DT

Power supply compatible with Dell OptiPlex 780 MT and Dell OptiPlex 780 DT

I am having Dell OptiPlex 780 MT and Dell OptiPlex 780 DT and I am willing to upgrade the Power supply so I am looking for a compatible Power supply, I have been checking out for the same but then have not yet found the best one, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me with the same??

Re: Power supply compatible with Dell OptiPlex 780 MT and Dell OptiPlex 780 DT

I am having Dell OptiPlex 780 MT and Dell OptiPlex 780 DT and I am willing to upgrade the Power supply so I am looking for a compatible Power supply, I have been checking out for the same but then have not yet found the best one, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me with the same??
    The below Dell power supply part numbers are compatible with the Dell OptiPlex 780 DT and the Dell OptiPlex 780 MT:
    • Optiplex 780MT: 18N8R, FR607
    • Optiplex 780DT: FR597, N249M, T164M

Hey you can also follow the below guide if you will be upgrading the power supply on your own:

Hey thanks for that but then I also wanted to know if the P192M is compatible or not?? Or is there a list of compatible power supplies from which you have posted for the Dell OptiPlex 780 MT and Dell OptiPlex 780 DT, actually I had matted the power supply with the C27VV motherboard and since then I am getting 1-3-2 beep codes along with 1, 3 diagnostics lights whenever I am plugging in the supply, by now I have tried swapping the ram and removing the battery and then waiting for some time and then inserting it back again but then it is not making any difference and I am still getting the same beeps in the same order, I think that there is something wrong with the power supply as it all started after I matted it with the C27VV motherboard and that is the reason why I was willing to change the power supply. Just wanted to know if there is any other workaround that I can try out???

As far as I am aware the 1,3 diagnostic light issue is with the memory, just wanted to know if you have tried removing the memory and then reseating it and making sure that there is no dust in the golden fingers of the ram, if you have not tried it out then just try it now and see if it is making any difference or not. You can just go through the below guide as well for more help:

I have tried swapping the ram and also reseating it as well but then it is not making any difference, I have also tried using one slot at a time but then even it did not helped. I also wanted to share that I have used other CPU on the board as well and then I was not getting the beep code but then at that time I had not connected the heat sink and after connecting the same I again got the beep code. After that I have removed the heat sink and have reseat the CPU a no of times but then I am still left with the same issue?? Is there anything else that I can try out?? To find the possible cause of this issue??