Thread: Arctic Silver 5 vs. Cooler Master Hyper 212 thermal paste

Arctic Silver 5 vs. Cooler Master Hyper 212 thermal paste

I am having the CM Hyper 212+ which is having some stock thermal paste. There is also a tube of Arctic Silver 5. I have recently purchased that. I was just searching that what/how is the difference between the CM paste and Arctic Silver 5. I am asking this because I came to know that it is necessary that you have to apply the Arctic Silver 5 every year. I really don’t want to do this. I will be thankful if someone of you can provide me some suggestion regarding this.

Re: Arctic Silver 5 vs. Cooler Master Hyper 212 thermal paste

I would like to tell you that the CM Hyper 212+ comes with the stock thermal paste and that is good to use. I don’t think that there will be some problem with that. Yes, you might some difference of 1C -2C but that is negligible.

Hey, I have applied the Arctic Silver 5 on my Scythe Ninja cooler and then installed that on my CPU. I am using that from last three years and till now I have never faced any problem with this and so I can say that this is not too bad also. I have never seen any difference in the temperature. This is with the normal temperature either in idle or with the load.

If you don’t know then I want to tell you that this unusual thermal paste has been an elaborate design to achieve exceptional cooling performance.

• Contains three types of pure silver particles to a maximum thermal conductivity.
    • Silicone-free formula for extra stability in time
    • This paste conducts heat and no electricity

Thermal paste Arctic Silver is a premium product made up of silver particles to maximize the thermal conductivity. Its proper use can be reduced by several degrees the temperature of a processor in contact with a heat sink and thermal paste "traditional".

The Arctic Silver 5 is composed of: 99.9% pure silver micro ionized aluminum oxide, particles of zinc oxide, nitrate, boron and ceramic particles. With these components, the Arctic Silver 5 gives the best, and so far unique heat exchange between the microprocessor and heatsink.

Specifications:
    • Thermal Resistance: <0.0045 deg C
    • Thermal conductivity: 350,000 W/m2 deg C
    • Particular Dimension half: <0.49 microns <0.000020 inch
    • Limits of temperature, peak: -50 deg C> 180 deg C long term: -50 deg C to 130 deg C
    • Conditioning: syringe of 3.5 grams or 12 grams

Arctic Silver 5 is for better heat dissipation between the processor and fan. It should be used on all processors and fans if the fans are not equipped with a thermal pad or other special materials for heat dissipation. The paste contains silver particles, which conduct heat very well. The proportion of silver particles is about 99.9%. 3.5 grams is sufficient for approximately 20 applications.

Features of Arctic Silver 5:
    • Extended temperature limits: -50 deg C to 130 deg C over the long term
    • Thermal Resistance
    • Thermal conductivity than 350,000 W / m deg C
    • 3.5 grams of this thermal paste can cover from 15 to 25 small CPU cores or 6 to 10 large CPU cores, or 2 to 5 heat plates

Caution: Arctic Silver recommends not using the thermal paste on the Intel Xeon processors

Content:
    • A syringe containing 3.5 grams of thermal paste Arctic Silver 5

You can just start with the one that comes with default. This is not too bad also but after some days if you feel that the performance is going down then you can make use of the Arctic Silver 5.