Thread: Installing CoolerMaster Hyper 212 plus Fan interrupt RAM installation

Installing CoolerMaster Hyper 212 plus Fan interrupt RAM installation

I am assembling a new computer. I am completed with the installation of the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe and the CPU. I have also installed the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus Heatsink as well as fan. But for this, I removed first two slots of the Corsair Vengeance RAM so that I can get space for the fan and heatsink. I have 2 modules of 2 GB RAM. When I reinstalled that then I found that it is a bit tight and the fan is pushing the RAM heatsink. I want to ask that if this is going to create some problem. I am afraid that it will melt the fan. Please help me.

Re: Installing CoolerMaster Hyper 212 plus Fan interrupt RAM installation

I don’t think that this will matter in and case. I have moved the HSF in order to pull air as of the other side. Other than this, If you want then you can just takeout the RAM and I am saying you this because this is only the marketing garbage and it does not play a big role in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Faiyaz9 View Post
    I don’t think that this will matter in and case. I have moved the HSF in order to pull air as of the other side. Other than this, If you want then you can just takeout the RAM and I am saying you this because this is only the marketing garbage and it does not play a big role in this.
    This is wrong and you should not do this. This is really a useless suggestion. You should leave the fan where it is. The better option for you is pull fan as of the front of the case and then push it bat the back and you will get the fan pulling air outside of the case. If this is pushing the RAM just a bit then that will not create problem for you.

All you have to ensure is that the fins of the fan must not touch the RAM and also see to it that the fan is not making the RAM tilted. As far as fan melting is concern, it will not occur unless and until the temperature goes to more than 100 degree.

As you told that you are having 2 modules of two GB RAM then it will be better for you to sell that to someone and in place of that, you can simply get one single 4 GB RAM and use that.

What you can do is, just slide the fan a bit upwards about 1/2" to the mounting position to totally clear the memory modules otherwise you can also move the fan to rear of the heatsink. This will help you to mount in a pull orientation. This is the same as rear exhaust fan. I am not saying that this is the only solution for this problem but if this happens to me then I would have done the same.