Thread: Cooler Master Excalibur R4-EXBB-20PK-R0 increased fan speed

Cooler Master Excalibur R4-EXBB-20PK-R0 increased fan speed

I have recently bought the Cooler Master Excalibur R4-EXBB-20PK-R0. And as far as I know that they were supposed to run 600-2000 RPM +-10%. Problem is that, they are running 2200-2300 RPM. This might be good to have better ventilation but it makes a loud noise and that is really irritating to me. Can you tell me some workaround for this that what should be done to get out of this issue? Below is my configuration:
    • CPU:Intel / i7-920
    • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake SpinQ VT
    • M/B:Gigabyte / GA-X58A-UD3R (rev.2.0)
    • VGA:Gigabyte / Ati Radeon HD5850
    • Memory: Kingstone / 6GB
    • HDD: Western Digital / 1TB Sata3
    • PSU: Corsair / Corsair Power Supply TX750 750W
    • Case: Cooler Master

Re: Cooler Master Excalibur R4-EXBB-20PK-R0 increased fan speed

If you want then you can make use of the Fan Controller and see if this helps you with this or not. This will add one more hardware to your rig but it really worth. You might find it costly but you wil never regret your purchase when you use that.

I think that using the Speedfan in this case will be better option for you. This is a freeware program which is used to monitors fan speeds, temperatures and voltages are achieved on a PC with monitor chip data. This is used to monitor the hardware but the main feature of this is to control the speed of the fan but this depends on the sensor chip.

Just check that what is the voltage that is given to the fans with the help of the multi meter and after that if you want then you can simply adjust the voltage and the fan speed by solding the variable resistors in the wire. Make sure that you are using the proper register for this. If you are not comfortable to this then you can take that to some computer repairing shop and they will do it. This is one of the possible solutions to get this resolved.

I have seen that some of the times, problems like this get resolved by BIOS update and if you want then you can also try with this and see what it can do for you. I have seen some of the similar fan speed issues that get resolved with this and hope that it will be helpful for you also.

My suggestion to you is to get the pci nob controller otherwise the front bay fan controllers. You will get that under $30. This is the best that I can recommend you.