Thread: How to reset Ink level on Canon pixma MP495

How to reset Ink level on Canon pixma MP495

I have Canon pixma MP495 printers which I am using from last 3 months. I have just refilled the black cartridge on my printer but I doesn’t know how to reset the Ink level so I can use the printer again. If anyone knows how to reset the ink level on Canon pixma MP495 then please recommend me.

Re: How to reset Ink level on Canon pixma MP495

You can easily reset the ink level on your Canon pixma MP495 printer by following steps:
    • First of all power off your printer
    • Hold resume button then press and hold POWER button you will hear beep sound once.
    • Hold power button and release resume button.
    • Now press resume button twice and release the power button
    • When the indicators light steady then press resume button three times. Note that the indicator should be orange.
    • Finally press POWER to set data and then power on your printer you are done with resetting the ink level on your printer.

I think you should try the following solution to reset the ink level on your Canon pixma MP495 printer :
    Press all buttons including power button for some time and then in one hand plug the power cable. Once you done with this then your Canon pixma MP495 printer is ready to use again.

I think to reset the ink level on Canon MP495 Printer you have to enter service mode and you can do this by following the steps given below:
    • First power off the printer but make sure it is connected to a power source ,press the power button while pressing and holding the stop or reset button
    • When the power button is lit, press the stop/reset button two times while pressing and holding the power button.
    • When releasing the power button and stop or reset button , the printer will move into the service mode and now you can easily reset the ink level from menu selection.

I think if you are unable to reset the ink level by performing the manual method on your Canon Pixma MP495 Printer then you can reset ink level by using MPtool Software and if still facing any difficulties then you should contact Canon support

Quote Originally Posted by Mallory c View Post
    You can easily reset the ink level on your Canon pixma MP495 printer by following steps:
    • First of all power off your printer
    • Hold resume button then press and hold POWER button you will hear beep sound once.
    • Hold power button and release resume button.
    • Now press resume button twice and release the power button
    • When the indicators light steady then press resume button three times. Note that the indicator should be orange.
    • Finally press POWER to set data and then power on your printer you are done with resetting the ink level on your printer.
    Aaaaaahhhhhh .... No! There is no RESUME button! Anyone know how to reset the ink level of the MP495???