Thread: Bought replacement dvd drive for HP TouchSmart 300 but it has no eject button!

Bought replacement dvd drive for HP TouchSmart 300 but it has no eject button!

Hey, I have the HP TouchSmart 300 all in one computer which I purchased from website called laptopdvdrw.com. My DVD drive was not working so ordered a replacement for it. After few days I received the replacements but it then turned out to be the wrong model and it also don’t has the eject button on it. When contacted the person at reception says that I have to take my eject button off the old drive and put it on the new drive. Is it really possible to do so? I think I am being fooled by them and I should get the proper DVD drive for my system! My old drive has the model no as TS-T633L where as the new model is GA32N! Please help me solving this issue ?

Re: Bought replacement dvd drive for HP TouchSmart 300 but it has no eject button!

It may be possible that front side of the HP DVD drive is same in all the HP DVD drive models. You can give it a chance and see it this is true. Try removing the button and attach it to your new drive. If it is true then the button will fit to your drive and your system will respond to the eject button. Even if eject button doesn’t work for you , then you can use the windows explorer to eject the drive. Just right click on the DVD drive icon in the “my computer” and select the “eject” option to open a DVD drive.

Re: Bought replacement dvd drive for HP TouchSmart 300 but it has no eject button!

Are you talking about the front plate or the actual front panel of the drive. I know the front panel can be changed but the drive that I have doesn’t have the front panel and I also don’t see the eject button to it.