Thread: After resetting my router now my Samsung printer is not working

After resetting my router now my Samsung printer is not working

I have recently reset my router and since then my printer is not working, I think resetting the router has caused this. I have forgotten my network password so that is why I reset the router! I have Samsung 2010 mono laser printer. I am sharing this printer with three computers at my home! Somebody please help me!

Re: After resetting my router now my Samsung printer is not working

You have reset the router which means you have factory settings now! Most of the time manufacturer provides the default login on the router box as a small sticker! You can use this as a standard login! If you are using Ethernet cable to connect the printer then you will have to activate DHCP, after activating it printer will automatically receive the IP.

I assume that your printer is connected through cable. When you reset the router, the printer gets the new IP address from router but there is no port available for that IP address. You might want to reinstall the printer driver as it may help you solve the problem! Another way is to check the manufacturer’s guide on “how to determine the IP address for the printer”. If you find the guide then go to start menu in (windows 7) and then go to the printers or devices and printers. Right click on it and go to the properties and select tab called “ports”. There you can see on which port your printer is connected. If this is connected to TCP/IP then check the IP address that you have assigned to your printer. if both of them differ from each other then change it to the printers IP address that you just saw! Assigning the new IP address should work for you, all the best!

Most of the time the printer itself allows you the static IP address , check if your printer does allow it, if yes then consider using it! Most of the router will give you DHCP IP address starting from 100 to 200. Suppose that your router has the address 192.168.1.1 then you can select the IP address from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.99 for static assignment. It may happen that you select the IP address ending in 100 or above then router may assign it to the computer or any other devices that you have around connected to the computer. I have 4 computers at home and I have connected them all to the static IP addresses within my home network. Sometimes router takes time to reassign the addresses to devices and same is with static IP addresses. If you change the router then make sure you set the computer IP address to dynamic address until you have the new router back for your system!