Thread: Will ATX motherboard support 2008 hard drives

Will ATX motherboard support 2008 hard drives

Hi friends, I have bought the new ATX motherboard because my motherboard is not working properly so I have decided to replace that with the new Motherboard. But however I was confused whether this Motherboard will support the hard drive that I have from 2008. So I just want to know whether this Motherboard will work fine with that hard drive or I have to buy the new hard drive. If you have any ideas then please let me know, any reply will be appreciated.

Re: Will ATX motherboard support 2008 hard drives

If your hard drive is SATA then you don’t have to worry about supporting of this Motherboard, because all the latest Motherboard supports SATA Hard drive. There is nothing to worry about to have this ATX Motherboard.

Even I was also confused at starting to replace my Motherboard with the new one but however I have make the replacement, and I have not seen any issue with this Motherboard for supporting The SATA Hard Drives. I am happy with this upgrading of my Motherboard with the new one this connection works fine and also providing good functionality to play the videos game and also for other process in my System.

The thing that I know and want to suggest that if your hard drive fails to connect with your latest Motherboard, then you can make use of the connectors. There are several connectors available in Market so you can make use of that connector to overcome this issue. But however If you have Sata drive then there is nothing to worry about for connecting and supporting of that Drive with your Motherboard.